5in screen to small?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5in screen to small?

I was wondering if a 5in screen would be to small to do anything usefull, Mp3s, maybe some DVDs. I really like the stock look in my car and I can import a Navigation system with a 5in screen from europe. Any other ideas, I dont really want to change out my cars stock Bose system.
    2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

5inch is decent size if you only need to do MP3 and navigation. I think the navigation system in a lot of mercedes only has a 5inch screen and they seem to work fine.

Comment

5" would be sufficient for mp3s but I dont think its big enough for gps nav. Most programs has lots of streets and names in a small area and with a 5" screen it would make it very confusing, especially if you're driving and trying to read it. If you want gps then the smallest I would go is around a 6.5 vga.

Just my opinion. You could be lucky and find a program that will work nicely with a smaller screen.
      Maroon Monte Carlo In process of Being Pimped Out.

Comment

My mom's RX300 has factory nav. The screen is very small... but it works fine.

Comment

Thanks guys, the screen is part of the factory GPS system avaliable in europe. So thats not a problem. I'm deciding weather to buy a laptop and I could just use that in the car (hooked up to the screen) or put my current desktop system in the car. But if I buy the laptop there is no money for the screen, until the summer. Thanks guys.
          2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

Comment

Working...
          X