No announcement yet.

Intel 945 Express Custom Resolutions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 945 Express Custom Resolutions

I know that this isn't quite the right topic, though i need a bit of help, and I think the solution may be similar.

I'm trying to hook up a laptop (with an intel gma 945) to one of two arcade monitors. I've got a J-Pac. I'm trying to get it to work on the VGA out, typically used for a second monitor. One of the monitors runs at [email protected] and the other at [email protected] No matter what I've tried, I can't get it to work. It seems I can't get any custom resolutions other than what's preinstalled.

I've tried using soft 15khz, but when i click the Install 15khz, 25khz, 31khz buttons, they gray out like they're active, I restart, and nothing has changed. I don't get any new resolutions in the display properties. I'm running the default stock drivers for the card.

I tried using IEGD, but I don't think I'm using it right. I managed to create an installer, and when I got an error when i ran it. I tried to replace the stock driver and it said that the stock one was newer and wouldn't let me install it, then when I restarted, before i got to windows, it crapped out on me. The only way I could recover it was to do a fresh install.

Can some walk me through how to use IEGD? or help me make a custom driver?

Since you already have a J-pac can I assume you're aware of the ArcadeVGA card? At $87, it seems like a pretty cheap & easy way of solving this problem.

Right. I'm aware that it exists. However, the computer I'm using is an older laptop, so I can't really upgrade the video card.

It seeming more and more like I'll just need to purchase a new computer. I can get away with just getting the mobo/cpu/ram + an arcadevga, because i've got a hard drive & PSU, and don't need a case. But even at the cheapest, it's looking to be about $150 for the computer, plus another $87 for the arcadevga. So, it's adding up quickly. It's probably what i'll end up doing.

I just wish there was an easier way to do what i want with this laptop, since for me it would cost a lot less.