Which to buy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to buy.

Ive been lurking for about 6 months now... but my carputer is finally taking shape... the only thing that is not purchased yet is the screen.

My questions lies within which 7in display to buy. I see about 1000 listings on ebay and also on ww and spysupply.

Are the 7inch legacy, pyle and lilliput screens all the same?

How is the brightness/image quality of these screens?

Should I just pony up the cash for a Xenarc??

I think I would rather get the in in-dash screen from Armen's site and have a touchscreen installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg
    Click Here to see my Car's Website
    2003 Nissan Sentra Spec-V

my carputer is finally taking shape
    A VGA input is a must. G luck on your purchase.
    What im curently listening to.
    My complete carpc setup

Comment

You should hold out for the digitalww vga upgrade to come out. Armen said that the in-dash non-motorized 7" screen will be available with a vga upgrade soon and also you can get a touchscreen installed. I say go for the 7" vga touchscreen from armen.

Just my opinion.
      Maroon Monte Carlo In process of Being Pimped Out.

Comment

xenarc motorized in-dash?

how about the in-dash, MOTORIZED 7" vga w/ touchscreen from xenarc? i just read on their website that it'll be out soon. I am considering getting that to replace my kenwood touch.

Comment

Originally posted by themurph1018
          You should hold out for the digitalww vga upgrade to come out. Armen said that the in-dash non-motorized 7" screen will be available with a vga upgrade soon and also you can get a touchscreen installed. I say go for the 7" vga touchscreen from armen.

Just my opinion.
          When did he say that? Can you provide a link to this? This is great news! Any more details?

Comment

Unfortunatley it wasn't in a thread of it's own.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...8&pagenumber=1

Comment

It's on his site currently listing at $600.
              The xenarc one sounds interesting too, tho I guess that will be at least $700 (from xenarc) ?

Would still like to know about the widescreen resolutions with the xenarc tho

Dave

Comment

Re: xenarc motorized in-dash?

Originally posted by AHLU
                how about the in-dash, MOTORIZED 7" vga w/ touchscreen from xenarc? i just read on their website that it'll be out soon. I am considering getting that to replace my kenwood touch.
                Oooh! I want it! Any more details?

Comment

tried to check it out...xenarc.com seems to be down
                  DigitalDub
                  1200 mhz duron/ 384m pc133/ 6.4 gig for OS / 75 gig storage/ 32 meg Nvidia Geforce2 wit TV out / onboard sound / GPRS / 7" digitallww flip out / X10 Mouseremote / 255w inverter (temp)

Audio
                  Nakamichi CD-45Z HU / Monsoon amp and 8 speakers

Comment

All I saw was this on the front page:

*New* Xenarc Technology has released one of the industry's first in-Dash car computers with built in GPS. A Fully-Motorized, In-Dash 7" TFT LCD Monitor with Touch Screen and VGA input will soon be released. Please check back often for the latest update.

Comment

cant wait to see that one...watch it be a grand, lol....
                      DigitalDub
                      1200 mhz duron/ 384m pc133/ 6.4 gig for OS / 75 gig storage/ 32 meg Nvidia Geforce2 wit TV out / onboard sound / GPRS / 7" digitallww flip out / X10 Mouseremote / 255w inverter (temp)

Audio
                      Nakamichi CD-45Z HU / Monsoon amp and 8 speakers

Comment

Working...
                      X