Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No VGA shown during BIOS but Windows is shown

This must be a rare mode of weirdness.

After switching on the computer, the fans spin. My Lilliput 629 has no auto on so I press the on button. The Lilliput says no signal found. Display is black. After a while, I'm not sure if it's longer than a regular boot, the Windows desktop appears. All works normal now. Same problem with reboot.

Usually it's the other way round. You get BIOS display, but black as soon as Windows kicks in. Here it's vice versa.

The computer has been running fine for a few years. I don't remember changing anything.

Any ideas? Thanks.

---

Operating System
    Windows XP
    Motherboard
    MSI 945GT Speedster-A4R, mATX, Socket 479
    Processor
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (mobile)
    Memory
    2 GB
    Hard Drive #1
    Samsung HM250HI, 250 GB, 2.5", SATA
    Power Supply
    M2-ATX from mini-box.com
    Screen
    Lilliput 7 inch transflective-enhanced
    Sound Card
    emagic a26, 6 channel active
    WiFi
    Fritz!WLAN
    GPS
    SIRFStar III BU-353 from USGlobalSat

maybe for some reason during boot the resolution is not supported by the screen?

Comment

Originally posted by bratnetwork View Post
      maybe for some reason during boot the resolution is not supported by the screen?
      But it worked before, for years. Oh and I think the Lilliput would report "unsupported resolution", not "no signal".

Comment

Today I removed the cover of my setup and I got back the BIOS display. I rerouted three audio cables and replaced the cover and the BIOS display still works. While I don't understand that mechanical stress on some audio cables or maybe on other parts of the setup would cause the VGA failing during BIOS but not in Windows, at least next time it happens I'll know what to look for.

Comment

Maybe something was shorting out, computers can be finicky at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Machinehead View Post
            Maybe something was shorting out, computers can be finicky at times.
            enen, it makes sense...

Comment

Working...
            X