This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP: touchscreen capability not working

I'm exhausted troubleshooting the TS capability on my own so now i turn to the forum for some help. I've browsed and tried several things but no success.

I have an 8"ws lilliput touchscreen that works fine (i think). I say "i think" because a year ago i had trouble with the TS not working - the video came on fine, the touchkit software and drivers installed correctly, but the TS would not work. After i connected my bluetooth and logitech bluetooth keyboard, IT STARTED WORKING!!?!!!!! i didn't question it as i was very happy and jumping for joy... i even did the jiggy dance...

Those were the good old days. Until i recently replaced my mother board and HD. I got the Intel D945GCLF2 Dual-Core Atom and an 8gb SSD HD. Very exciting to have this! I installed winXP SP3 and everything is up and running.

However, back to the problem. No matter what i do i cannot get the TS to work.

From searching the forums, here's a list of things i've covered:

- Used original drivers on the CD that came with the unit.
    - Also tried the recommended latest drivers.
    - Installed XP SP3 and TS as the first device in case it's picky about com ports
    - Disabled COM port 1 from bios
    - changed the IRQ on COM port 1

What i haven't done:
    - Used a USB 1.0 hub to connect TS to
    - Tried troubleshooting under WinXP SP1
    - Tried troubleshooting under WinXP SP2
    - shot the computer with a round including 3 bullets to the TS and controller
    - ran my car off a cliff

Of special interest and may be important to mention, is the fact that when my TS was working before - i would get two controllers showing up in the touchkit program? I'm not sure why: one controller would state "resistive" the second would state "4-wire" - if i removed the bluetooth adapter(s) the "4-wire" would go away and the TS would stop working....
    CTS 05, Mobile Information Center...
    Atom - 1.8ghz
    2GB Ram
    32GB SSD
    8" TouchScreen
    5.6" Screen (overhead) w/reverse capability

Finished Project
    Car Hacking
    WorkBlog
    Video

figured it out
    Atom - 1.8ghz
    2GB Ram
    32GB SSD
    8" TouchScreen

Finished Project
    Car Hacking
    WorkBlog
    Video

Comment

What was the solution?
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

you had to ask!!! Well, i'm certainly not going to ignore so here's the truth:

In the last year i had to replace the usb controller, therefore the USB attached to the VGA was voided and i had to use the one shipped with the controller which i forgot all about... embarrassing but true...

Now everything is working fine...

exiting the room very quietly now
        Atom - 1.8ghz
        2GB Ram
        32GB SSD
        8" TouchScreen

Finished Project
        Car Hacking
        WorkBlog
        Video