VGA upgrade for TM-701L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA upgrade for TM-701L

First let me apologize to those that have been waiting for the 700YYV monitors from us. I've decided not to buy them at this time, here is my reasoning - I bought 5 pcs. as samples and they all had problems: Power cable would not fit all the way in and would constantly fall out, VGA cable would not fit properly and every time it moves a little the image distorts, the most annoying problem is the shadows that appear on the screen (Example)
    Does anybody else have these shadows on their xenarc monitors?

However I still wanted to find a way to have a VGA solution in an in-dash package (TM-701L) so I opened one of the xenarc monitors and... We have a match! The LCD panel used in both monitors is the same Panasonic panel meaning that all the cables and wires connecting the VGA controller, inverter and the LCD panel are the same. There are a few issues with the install: 1. adopting TM-701Ls buttons to work with the new board (Done) - once installed they worked perfectly, 2. Installing the Power ON LED and running the wire to the original location - this is not too hard and I already have a good place for it. 3. Running the VGA cable and a power line through the in-dash housing - this is going to be the hardest part. From doing the touchscreen installs I learned that there isn't enough room for too many cables and everything gets in the way. Here is the pic of the VGA board and buttons installed. That is as far as I got because unfortunately I was working late one night and shorted something out on the board and it is not working anymore When done this new monitor will have all the features of the new xenarc monitors (resolution, auto ON/OFF, touch kit, etc...)

I talked to the manufacturer about the shadows problem and finally got a positive response:
    we improved the control board of GA-700Y, through our test, the question you inquired are never happen again.
    also I am going to try to work with them to make a custom VGA cable (ribbon cable maybe) that will work better with the in-dash housing.

Pricing - $600
    $200 - TM-701L (this is without the RCA controller)
    $100 - Touch Kit (USB)
    $250 - VGA Upgrade
    $50 - Installation + Shipping

This should be the final pricing unless something unexpected comes up. Everything will be available in parts so if you already have TM-701L then you can buy the VGA controller or if you have a xenarc monitor and want to make it an in-dash you can just get the in-dash housing + LCD Panel. The only thing you can't get is empty in-dash housing because I can't get it my self.

Lastly, I also asked the manufacturer about the new VGA + Touch motorized 7" in-dash monitor (per xenarc.com) and they confirmed. Mass Production will start in May, pictures or pricing is not available yet.

Comments?
    http://www.digitalww.com

Also I am working on geting the TM-701L in all Black

Comment

Armen, I must say they news you just talt are great!
      I am looking forward to get one of those screens, but there is one thing I have to ask you.:

in-dash LCD with vga and touch-kit is very great, but what about RCA?

is it possible to get all in one? (I am just asking)
      Project done in: [####################] - 85%
      - Custom center console
      - Custom trunk
      Se my project here

Comment

Originally posted by Goose
        Armen, I must say they news you just talt are great!
        I am looking forward to get one of those screens, but there is one thing I have to ask you.:

in-dash LCD with vga and touch-kit is very great, but what about RCA?

is it possible to get all in one? (I am just asking)
        I forgot to mention that - The controller is VGA + 2 Video Just like the 700YYV or 700TSV

Armen

Comment

Hihiha!

I want that little in-dash baby!

Thx,
          Armen
          Project done in: [####################] - 85%
          - Custom center console
          - Custom trunk
          Se my project here

Comment

Excellent. I now know what I will be getting.
            TruckinMP3
            D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

dude, if you could get the tm-7002s in black, that would be AWESOME. i used up my din slot on my head unit, and my car's interior is black. so i would rather not paint it... but hey. thanks alot!

lemme get this straight.. the xenarc and the tm701 lcd panel are the same? so the only diffrence is the interface?
              http://www.sounddomain.com/id/zeinin

Comment

so if i allready have a xenarc it would cost me $200 for the in dash housing and LCD panel?

how hard is it to put the xenarc in the housing? I am really interested in this cause space is tight in my car and in dash would be great.
                Project K4RPU73R
                ----------------------
                Via Epia-M 9000
                256MB PC2100
                40GB IBM Travelstar
                7" Xenarc
                DeLorme Earthmate GPS

Comment

good stuff! -- any expected availability date?
                  DigitalDub
                  1200 mhz duron/ 384m pc133/ 6.4 gig for OS / 75 gig storage/ 32 meg Nvidia Geforce2 wit TV out / onboard sound / GPRS / 7" digitallww flip out / X10 Mouseremote / 255w inverter (temp)

Audio
                  Nakamichi CD-45Z HU / Monsoon amp and 8 speakers

Comment

Originally posted by Lytheum
                    so if i allready have a xenarc it would cost me $200 for the in dash housing and LCD panel?

how hard is it to put the xenarc in the housing? I am really interested in this cause space is tight in my car and in dash would be great.
                    similar question, for those of us who already own a xenarc, is there an in dash upgrade kit we could purchase?

birrman54

Comment

What about those of us that already own both a TM-701 with the touch upgrade and the Xenarc screen? Any chance of just paying for assembly?

Comment

I wrote Gain Associates, trying to buy some monitors from them for my company project. They just replied back:
                        Please contact Xenarc Technologies Corp., our sales office in the U.S for assistance.
                        Armen, what I don’t understand is that you said many times in your other posts that xenarc is just a well known distributor and you are a distributor like xenarc. But I don’t see your info on Gain’s website and you can’t get the monitors for couple months. But if you go to Gain’s website http://www.gain.com.tw/us_lcd.htm, it clearly states that Xenarc is the US sales office!
                        For all North, Central, and South American sales inquiries, please contact Xenarc Technologies Corporation, our sales office located in the United States. Gain Associates is proud to bring their product to the Americas under the name brand "Xenarc Technologies," providing exclusive, value added services to the US, Canada, and all of the Americas. Xenarc Technologies can be found at www.xenarc.com.
                        Are you sure you are buying from the manufacturer, and not just getting black market goods since you said you are not buying from xenarc? Because xenarc = gain = manufacturer. Not that I want to doubt you, but then how come you received 5 units and now you are saying all 5 had problems. Also, if those units have problem, then how can you be confident using those control boards in your in-dash monitors? From what I understand, the problems that you stated
                        Power cable would not fit all the way in and would constantly fall out, VGA cable would not fit properly and every time it moves a little the image distorts, the most annoying problem is the shadows that appear on the screen
                        …should be control board related. You are contradicting yourself. Also after you received the 5 units, you posted so many times that you are going to “get them soon,” but never did. Why didn't you mention the problems BACK THEN, instead of now when you can't deliver as promised?

In addition, I feel the prices that you posted for the VGA upgrade is ridiculously high. It seems like you are buying the touchscreen kits from EELY because they are exactly the same as the one I seen at their show booth. You are selling them at least double the price that EELY is selling them at, which is $39. That is single unit price. I am sure you get more discount from them if you buy in quantity. Can you explain? I have nothing against you. I go to a lot of expo. I also know a lot of lcd manufacturers in Taiwan and China. But what you are telling board members just doesn’t sound right.

Comment

AHLU, a lot of people have dealt with Armen from this board and to my knowledge had nothing but good things to say about him. I am one of those people I just purchased a TM-701 from him.

Not sure what his actual title is but what he does is offer a product that no one else does. Yes he is simply re-selling other equipment but it is his packaged deal and research you are paying for.

The TM-701 I got from him was with the touch controller. Yeah maybe I could've bought the components did all this myself. But he has experience at it, and does a nice job plus if he blows one up that is for him to eat not me. So yeah the little bit extra is well worth it.

What came in the mail was an In-Dash TM-701 with touch controller already installed, all cables ran through the housing, and pre-wired. All I had to do was hook it up. I think that even if he is charging more, the price is justified. He spends his time doing this. To my knowledge THERE IS NOWHERE else you can get any kind of in-dash 7" LCD with a touch controller already installed, and works via USB. If there is, then great list those URL's here and let's get some competition going.

Until then Armen had a nitch market, and therefore can charge more. With competition comes less research people can just take ideas from others. But so far I think he is the leader in this extremely nitch market of In-Dash touch screen displays. As far as the Xenarc screens, I don't doubt the units had issues, i ordered one through i-zone-3 and it shipped with a bad controller.

Just my .02 but I think he is offering something that people here want, and isn't available elsewhere, and he DELIVERS!

Comment

Have you received my order...

Hey Amen,

I ordered an indash lcd and touch screen kit from you early this week from your web site and have still heard nothing about progress.. I have sent you numerouse emails but you have not replied to any of them ? Do you still have the parts in stock ? Will I receive a tracking number ? Will you quote me on shipping to Australia before you debit my credit card ? Any information would be great.

Thanks Mate

Martin WIlhelm

Comment

Originally posted by Zeinin
                              dude, if you could get the tm-7002s in black, that would be AWESOME. i used up my din slot on my head unit, and my car's interior is black. so i would rather not paint it... but hey. thanks alot!

lemme get this straight.. the xenarc and the tm701 lcd panel are the same? so the only diffrence is the interface?
                              Next time I'll order these monitors I'll get Black. They go fast so it shouldn't be too long.

Yes, the LCD Panels are the same. The difference is in the controller boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X