Problem with my TM-701L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with my TM-701L

I just got my TM-701L screen two days ago, and it looked awesome. But then, when I was trying to play a dvd using my PS2, the screen turned white. I tried turning it on and off, switching video sources and stuff, nothing. I tried my Dreamcast and video cam and the same thing happened. It's weird too, sometimes when I turn it on, it has this weird screen that says something like "Welcome New World." I will try to take pictures of it tomorrow when I play with it.

What I also noticed, is that when I plug just the tip of the rca, I can vaugely see the picture, it is very choppy and black and white, but it's there, and I am able to access the menu controls. I even tried messing with the settings and stuff, and even resetting it, but nothing works. When I disconnect all the sources, it will say no signal, just like it is supposed to, with nothing wrong with the picture.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on? Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Re: Problem with my TM-701L

Where you from? is the ps2 nstc or PAL? the screen and source must be the same, I had the same problem with a gamevue screen i got from the US, until i switched to nstc.
    -
    My cars
    -

Comment

I am from the US. My ps2 is ntsc, and I thought the screen was both ntsc and pal. Is there a way to switch between the two on this model? Thanks for your response.

Comment

No idea, pm armen or check if there is a manual on the homepage
        -
        My cars
        -

Comment

Gchild,

Check your 12V Source, I had the same thing; it was my 12V power-supply, it wasn't good enough. I connected it straight to a proper battery and everything was fine, but once the batt wore down - it went back to the same white screen.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Chkdsk
          Shuttle ST62K, 80Gb, MediaEngine, Irman, Wireless NIC, Win2K, Blah Blah Blah...

Comment

Chkdsk,

I will try running straight off the battery. What kind of fuse should I run(amps)? I will probably use the remote wire or acc and relay to turn it on. I have pictures of the wierd screen I got, I just have to find my memory stick reader. I'll let you know what happens. Thank you.

Bryan

Comment

Gchild,

I believe that the advertised amount for the 701 is 1A draw so a 5amp fuse should be just fine. I don't believe it draws more than that BUT it could. I have mine bench running directly to a battery, without a fuse (i know I should have a fuse but I don't).
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Chkdsk

Comment

Well chkdsk, I tried running it from the battery, same thing, but thanks for giving me something to try out, I think I will leave the wires there when I get this one exchanged. I will still post pictures and show you guys what happened, thanks again.

Comment

Well, here are some pictures if anyone is curious to see them. You should all check out the first picture, it has the weird message I was talking about. Thanks everyone.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/gchildzcell

Comment

Gchild,

That's a tad bit goofy... You should contact the Vendor and get this shipped back. It sounds like there is something wrong with the input's or their controller.

Sorry man...
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Chkdsk

Comment

Yeah isn't it weird? I mean it was working for two days until that little storm we had here in Cali on Saturday. I already contacted the vendor, about it, just waiting for a response. Hope I'll have one before Spring Break or before my friends and I go to Vegas =)Thanks chkdsk.

Comment

I just sent you a PM
                        http://www.digitalww.com

Comment

Working...
                        X