Twin View LCD in 2010 Range Rover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin View LCD in 2010 Range Rover

Recently I learned about the Twin View LCD installed in the 2010 Range Rover vehicles. The screen displays different different images based on the viewing angle. I'm interested in learning more about the technology and implementation behind it. Anyone have information about this particular display technology?

Here's a YouTube video showing the display in operation:
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WvtgPvKTNw[/media]

My guess is there are two imagers taking two video streams simultaneously, and a polarizing filter governing which imager is seen. However, if anyone have information of it and can share it it'd be great.

that's awesome: reduces the need for two screens up front.

but with the ancient US laws, we still won't legally allow us to play video in the front of the car.
    Thanks!
    -VJ

Comment

Originally posted by vijainair View Post

but with the ancient US laws, we still won't legally allow us to play video in the front of the car.
      Check the exact wording of the regulations in your area. Typically they prohibit video from being displayed in view of the driver, not the passenger also.

Comment

saw this technology years ago at CES, i was wondering which car manufacturer would be the first to use it

Comment

Working...
        X