Need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Hey gang...I have a Dell Inspiron 3800 laptop with the 14.1" screen.

When i turn it on, the screen comes on and i can see the stuff on it but only in bright light....seems as if the backlight is not functioning properly....

can i just replace the inverter and it should work? or do i need to replace the whole screen?

Thanks for any advice!
    DigitalDub
    1200 mhz duron/ 384m pc133/ 6.4 gig for OS / 75 gig storage/ 32 meg Nvidia Geforce2 wit TV out / onboard sound / GPRS / 7" digitallww flip out / X10 Mouseremote / 255w inverter (temp)

Audio
    Nakamichi CD-45Z HU / Monsoon amp and 8 speakers

hmm, it sounds like the back light.

on a toshiba laptop that i used, i found that when it goes into low power mode, it doesnt turn the screen off, only the backlight. you can still see the screen if you have a bright light.

so i would think its a back light problem, maybe inverter, maybe a problem with the switches to turn it on.
    Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
    Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
    '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

Charliey,

Thanks for the help! I just decided to completely tear apart the machine screw by screw, clean and check connections and that seemed to solve the problem
      DigitalDub
      1200 mhz duron/ 384m pc133/ 6.4 gig for OS / 75 gig storage/ 32 meg Nvidia Geforce2 wit TV out / onboard sound / GPRS / 7" digitallww flip out / X10 Mouseremote / 255w inverter (temp)

Audio
      Nakamichi CD-45Z HU / Monsoon amp and 8 speakers

Comment

great, good to hear you got it working.
        Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
        Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
        '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

Comment

Working...
        X