Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to extend VGA cable for "Lilliput EBY 701"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to extend VGA cable for "Lilliput EBY 701"?

Hi,

How can I extend the original vga cable for my "Lilliput EBY 701"? The monitor is in front table of the car, but the car pc - in the trunk I found this: Click Here but this is scared me:
    **Note: This cable is not compatible with the Lilliput cables.
    I try to put a normal "VGA" cable, in the car pc, that reach the front panel, and in it, I put the original cable of my "Lilliput", but the picture on the "Lilliput" is, or green or blurry (with two different "VGA" cables)

i just use a regular sheilded vga extension cable. I have no problems
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

just go to your local computer shop and get a vga extension cable, i dont understand the problem

Comment

To "chkolny1" - I have 3 different "VGA" extension cables. 1.8 meters, 3 meters and 6 meters. With some of them, the picture on the "Lilliput" is very green! With other - the picture is blurry. Only with the original cable, the picture is perfect! May be the brand of the cables is bad I do not know, what to do..

Comment

i hate to quote myself.. but

i just use a regular sheilded vga extension cable. I have no problems

Comment

i ordered a extension cable on ebay for 10 bucks no issues. might be a bad cable
            01 Burb
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/work...-suburban.html

Comment

To "Sonicxtacy02" - Sorry, what do you mean, with this "shielded"? All of cables, that I own, have something like a ball near the end. Is this a shield:
              ?
              What, about this: Click Here
              If this is not a shielded "VGA" cable, please, give me a link, with the right one..

Comment

sheilded cables are generally thicker than the pic you have posted above. The pic above shows ferrite cores which certainly help sheild the cabling from interference but the thin wire behind it kinda shows there's no metallic shielding on the cables. Buying the cable on line is kinda tricky because you really dont know what you're going to get... but the thicker the wire shown the better

Comment

To "Sonicxtacy02" - Thank you, very much. I will try to find a shielded "VGA" cable..

Comment

check out monoprice. super cheap and works like a charm in my car

Comment

i used a "9 pin mini din" on my EBY-701 and it works like a charm. got it off ebay, probably the same supplier that the mp3car store uses.....

Comment

Working...
                      X