Single Din Screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Din Screen?

I have search to no avail. Is their really no good single Din VGA touch screens out their?
    I have found this, but no one has written a good review except the people trying to sell it.
    http://www.short-circuit.com/product/VMI70.html

I want to keep the Alpine CD player. Mainly I don't want to fabricate a screen into my dash.

Originally posted by LivinLarge View Post
    I have search to no avail. Is their really no good single Din VGA touch screens out their?
    Nope.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I second DP's answer. All of the single DIN screens SUCK!!

Comment

If i bought this screen, where would the problems come from?

Comment

Durability, mainly.
          The mechanicals are what tends to fail. From what I understand, the build quality of these units are sketchy at best.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Gears and heat. Even the one from Xenarc sucks.

Comment

The new $700 Xenarc one sucks big time. The only single din screen I would go for is the K301 (aka MTSVO), that one is built like a tank. Still not as durable as a fixed screen though of course.

Comment

I will agree with Nobb. I have the K301. It is a project to find though. I bought it off someone from the forums about a year ago. I do have a problem with it though. Recently (and I believe it is due to my tinkering), the screen will not function correctly. For example, when I scroll my finger to the right, the arrow moves UP. when I move it UP, it goes to the RIGHT. And so on and so forth. Perhaps it is something with the drivers, although I have tried re-installing them.

The screen you found here doesn't seem too bad though, perhaps I will give it a try, considering the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Startingline13 View Post
                  I will agree with Nobb. I have the K301. It is a project to find though. I bought it off someone from the forums about a year ago. I do have a problem with it though. Recently (and I believe it is due to my tinkering), the screen will not function correctly. For example, when I scroll my finger to the right, the arrow moves UP. when I move it UP, it goes to the RIGHT. And so on and so forth. Perhaps it is something with the drivers, although I have tried re-installing them.

The screen you found here doesn't seem too bad though, perhaps I will give it a try, considering the cost.
                  I had one and sold it to someone on the forums also, now I wish I didnt because I am trying to buy one again. Do you still have the screen? i wouldnt mind buying it from you, even with its issues. I now again need one for my install.
                  Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                  4X MK808b
                  3x Perixx Touchpads
                  3x 7 inch Screens
                  1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                  1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
                  X