spec.Xenarc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spec.Xenarc

Does somebody know the real manufacturer of the Xenarc display.

I sent an email to Xenarc but no response.

Maybe by knowing the manufactures I can get information of internet the pinout of the display.

http://www.gain.com.tw/
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

thanx

It's a pitty they are not listed in the datasheet locator

Comment

That Gain site was useful. Thye listed a link to their UK Distributor . Shame they are trade only.
        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

But not that usefull for me

www.I-zone-3.com is also a uk distributor

Comment

Originally posted by jermaine
            But not that usefull for me

www.I-zone-3.com is also a uk distributor
            I take it it is you. And like Armin, you import, but aren't mentioned on the Gain site?

Shall shall have a good look cheers.
            4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

I find these LCD specs HIGHLY strange. How can a single fixed pixel display, depending on cabling and controller be alternately 1440x240, 800x480 and 2440x?

LCDs are not CRTs. They can only *really* display one resolution in a progressive format. All other resolutions are scaled and possibly interlaced, but that does not change the native resoltion of the panel.

Does anyone know the actual, honest-to-goodness, real deal native resolution of this panel(s)?

Comment

The resolution of that panel is 800*480. All other resolutions as you quite rightly say are scalings by the controller to this resolution. What has changed recently is that the controller is able to do this scaling for a greater range of resolutions.

The 2400*480 resolution is a misnomer as it is not a resolution at all. This is a throwback to that fact the practically every LCD panel out there for CAR use seems to quote the number of elements on the screen NOT the number of pixels. Since each pixel is made up of 3 elements, namely a red, green and blue. this is why the Xenarc is often quoted as 2400 (3 * 800) horizontal pixels.

This is also why I questioned the resolution of TM701 as it has quoted resolution of 1440 (3*480) by 234 elements and yet apparently uses the same panel as the Xenarc. If it uses the same panel then the TM701 cannot be 1440*234 as even the composite input controller board must be scaling the image to the native panel resolution of 800*3*480 and hence why bother quoting it as 1440*234?
                My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

but can someone please help me with my display??

Comment

Originally posted by jermaine
                    but can someone please help me with my display??
                    Sorry. Thought this had been done before, and also in other threads.

The manufacturer of the screens badged as Xenarc in the US, and enNovations (amonst others) in the UK is Gain.

Their website is here
                    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Well,finally I did it,

The same day I received the 700 ts screen of Xenarc,
                      the pins of the VGA input broke,everybody knows that the input is fu...ing!!!

So I opened the display,desolderd the original wires and soldered new wires direct on the printed circuit,now I will never have problems with the vga plug!!!!!yessss

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                        http://www.gain.com.tw/
                        It was addressed in the first reply to your post......
                        TruckinMP3
                        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
                        X