Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-in in dash screen question

hey guys,

i got a quick question for all you guys that have Armen's indash 7in screen. . . .is that screen possible to invert the screen? as in i mean rotate the picture 180 degrees. my idea is that when i mount it in my car (protege 5) that i can mount it upside down in the bottome din slot so i can keep my A/C vents free (FL is hot). it would also keep the screen out of view of the pigs when i driving as it wouldn't be mounted as high.

thanks
    2003 Mazda Protege5
    Molded Xenarc touch Screen
    Via M10000, seagate 40gb, 16x laptop dvd, RS gps
    EDAC 55w dc/dc
    homebrew shutdown controller
    2 power acoustik 10 FUBR's, A1800DB mono amp, AH600 to power mids and highs, pioneer speakers

hmm you can always install the din case upside down? The case just slides into your empty din spot.
    Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

yea that's exactly what im going to do. . . .my question is that when you turn it on. . .the picture will be upside down. . . .is there a switch or somethign that will make the picture right side up again?
      2003 Mazda Protege5
      EDAC 55w dc/dc
      2 power acoustik 10 FUBR's, A1800DB mono amp, AH600 to power mids and highs, pioneer speakers

Comment

c'mon peoples i know one of you guys can answer this. . . .i know that there is a software solution but i'd rather not pay 50bux for pivot pro and a hardware solution is always better
        2003 Mazda Protege5
        EDAC 55w dc/dc

Comment

if you use an nvidia card, the current drivers allow you to flip the screen upside down as well as turn it on its side.

Comment

you might also want to look into a program called powerstrip. THat might do it.
            '98 Explorer Sport
            http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
            AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
            80% done

Comment

One thought, I have a Protege5 with this screen and if you mount it that way, you are going to block the vent controls.

As far as cops as long as you are paying attention the great thing about this screen is you just quickly fold it into the dash. Don't ask how I know

Comment

Speaking from experience eh?
                1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC- 356 approx hp.

Soon to own: 91 LX Mustang

"Project Car work is never done"

Comment

Working...
                X