USB cable for LCD Touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB cable for LCD Touchscreen

Couple of days back some ahole tried stealing my LCD from my car and even though he was able to take it out he just left hanging by the VGA cable and ran away. I the process of taking it out he did cut off the USB cable (that goes from touchscreen controller to PC). I tried repairing the cable but it does not work.

Now, my question that where can I find a replacement USB cable ? My touchscreen model is DWW-700H.
    04 Accord Coupe Carputer

anyone ???
    04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

Can anyone help ?????????????????????

This is what I'm looking for.
      04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

now that, i might be able to help with(i did a search earlier for that TS, and could only find others looking for parts...)-- you would need to double check the pins are in the correct order(from the pic, it looks like mine might have a different pinout and possibly a different connector...), but i have a bunch of those floating around at work..

according to ups, it would be about $11 shipping to richmond. pm me if your interested.

or, assuming that the cable in the pic is the one you need, as per the part number, digikey has them:
        http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/690...3-7315050.html
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
          now that, i might be able to help with(i did a search earlier for that TS, and could only find others looking for parts...)-- you would need to double check the pins are in the correct order(from the pic, it looks like mine might have a different pinout and possibly a different connector...), but i have a bunch of those floating around at work..

according to ups, it would be about $11 shipping to richmond. pm me if your interested.

or, assuming that the cable in the pic is the one you need, as per the part number, digikey has them:
          http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/690...3-7315050.html
          Thanks for the reply. I just ordered this cable form digikey. Even though I'm unsure if the pinout is the same or not but I just took the chance.

Once I get it and if it does not work, I'll pm you. Thanks a lot.
          04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

Got the able from Digikey but it turned out to have different pinout

(Original cable on bottom.... digikey one on the top)

Pinout on the controller board

Is it possible to change the pinout on the cable to match the controller board or will I have to search for the original cable ?
            04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

The pins should come out of the molex connector and plug into one of the other ones if that is what you are asking.
              You will need a very narrow jewellers slot screwdriver.
              Just stare at the construction of it very closely you should be able to see the tiny steel tab on the pin that needs to be depressed to release it out the top of the connector.
              You just press that tab in and gently pull the wire/pin up out of the connector.
              My 2007 Ford F350 Work Log located HERE

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG View Post
                The pins should come out of the molex connector and plug into one of the other ones if that is what you are asking.
                Just stare at the construction of it very closely you should be able to see the tiny steel tab on the pin that needs to be depressed to release it out the top of the connector.
                You just press that tab in and gently pull the wire/pin up out of the connector.
                Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look and report back
                04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG View Post
                  Ok I changed the configuration of the pins but it does not work . My LCD works fine but touch screen does not respond. Any idea ?
                  04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

as long as you got the right pins to the right spots, it sounds like your touch screen is dead-- you might be able to replace it, or it is time for a new screen.

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

as long as you got the right pins to the right spots, it sounds like your touch screen is dead-- you might be able to replace it, or it is time for a new screen.
                      Is there anyway to confirm that the touch screen is dead ?
                      04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

triple check your pinouts-- if their right, and the screen doesn't work, then it must be dead.

a new touchscreen layer is about $20 on ebay, you just need to find one with the same dimensions.

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

triple check your pinouts-- if their right, and the screen doesn't work, then it must be dead.

a new touchscreen layer is about $20 on ebay, you just need to find one with the same dimensions.
                          I already ordered the a new LCD (doing a new built with double din system this time) but I'll check the pins again.
                          04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

Working...
                          X