Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long for touch screen to come back online after a resume from hibernate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for touch screen to come back online after a resume from hibernate?

How long does it take for your touch screen to come back online after a resume from hibernate?

Mine seems much too slow, CPC resumes operational and playing tunes in less than 20 seconds, but it takes up to 55 seconds + from ignition ON for the touch screen to come back on line and be usable.

By this time I have already started moving and it would be really nice to choose an app or change media a little quicker.

Can this be fixed, or modified to improve how long it takes to make the driver load and start functioning properly?

I have done the basic recommended “fast boot” entrees in the appropriate places, but it seems that the driver for the touch screen needs a little massaging to make it operate better.

Any suggestions?

Any threads that have come up specifically on this topic someone can recommend?

that's definitely not normal. mine comes up immediately. does the video take that long or just the touch control? Is the USB hooked up to a hub or the mobo?
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

55 secs is a tad long, but in my case it's always longer. When I resume from hybrid sleep (around 2-3 secs) the touchscreen can take 5-10sec beyond that to work. Actually it is working already, it's buffering (mostly) everything I do, just not passing to the OS (so it can be very annoying when it finally works). A mouse does not have that problem, I can hit the next button and the tune will change immediately. Mine is not in a hub but on a 5m powered extension cable.
      Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
      Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by SFiorito View Post
        that's definitely not normal. mine comes up immediately. does the video take that long or just the touch control? Is the USB hooked up to a hub or the mobo?
        Just the touch control that seems to be a problem, audio comes back and is playing and the video is fluid by 20sec, but the touch control will still be unusable for ~55sec under any condition I try.

All USB connections are made on the native motherboard external USB ports. NO hubs are used in any part of the setup.

The USB mouse I have seems to operate in a very timely manor ~20sec after ignition ON, and is ready instantaneously after the computer is available, as well as the interface takes commands from the mouse and responds to them correctly.

And as “RipplingHurst” states the touch screen seems to take the commands but queues them until the stated time, and executes them all after this time.

So it can get very annoying when being impatient and trying to see if it is working yet.

Its a 1.6 duel atom 1GB ram with minimal accessories, OS XP, FE centrafuse with iG plugin

GPS BU355 serial to usb running the stock supplied USB dongle
        Xenarc TSV usb and vga
        Small generic BT USB dongle (for phone)
        One free port with ~10' extention pluged in that resided in the glove compartment.

Comment

Is this a common problem? Are there topics on this subject dealing with solutions of this specific problem here? Or even explanations on what is going on? I never had this problem even on my first CPC 1Ghz processors before, so I don't really know where to start tackling the problem.

Is there a specific driver that everyone is using currently with the touchscreens that works better than others?

I have tried eGalex,Prolific, and the one supplied by the Mfg.

Comment

I have the same problem, it just started after I added a usb wireless device. I havent had time to troubleshoot it yet but I will post my results when I do.

Comment

I have no idea how common this is. It's not a power problem, since my touchscreen can wake the computer from hybrid sleep. Of course from hibernation is another matter.

I think it's a driver issue (I use the standard touchkit from the website). And if it is, the only solution is to call the manufacturer and complain about it, I'm afraid. Or try a different USB port.
              Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
              Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

i've been experiencing the same thing, the music plays, and video works for a bit, but then freezes from almost a minute. then i hear the usb chime and it is fully functional again. this has been happening since i installed my bu-353 usb gps. I'm going to try removing the gps and see what happens. i also hear the usb chime in and out regularly about every 2min. don't know what it's connecting and disconnecting though. I just made a similar post and also haven't recieved any help.

Comment

I have had this issue ever since I optimized my drivers with BootVis. I don't know if that is the same thing that happened with everyone else.

Well today I was trying to get my bluetooth updated and so I changed around my port settings and managed to get my delay on the touch screen to half of what it was before. Now I have about a 8-9 second delay from music playing to touchscreen working.

I went into the Device manager, then into Ports, then i just went to my bluetooth device and went to properties, from there Port Settings, then finaly advanced, From there I could tell it which Com Port I wanted to use. I changed mine from 3 to 2 but that might be different for everyone.

Tomorrow I am going to look over the BootVis results and see if it set the touchkit driver to startup last. If that is the case I will try to change it to first and see how it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by meryan00 View Post
                    Tomorrow I am going to look over the BootVis results and see if it set the touchkit driver to startup last. If that is the case I will try to change it to first and see how it helps.
                    how do you designate the driver boot sequence when coming out of hibernation? can you specify which driver boots in what order with bootvis? I've always just run the automatic optimization.

Comment

Working...
                    X