Geforce2 LVDS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce2 LVDS?

I found out that my geforce2 mx400 is meant to support lvds but I can't seem to find out where the connector is for it? Does anyone know where I should be looking. I thought that it would be obvious?

Thanks in advance
    CarPC: Currently in progress...

LVDS is somewhat of a generic technology used in many types of electronics to transmit signals over long distances. SCSI-3 for instance uses an "LVD" signal standard.

It appears that the integrated graphics chip on your card supports LVD/TMDS transmission, but it is probably not the "LVDS LCD standard". Some versions of your card have a DVI-I connector (basically the new LCD digital standard that beat out PanelLink and LVDS). DVI is a different than the "LVDS LCD standard", but it does use the same base Low-Voltage-Differential-Signal-ing / TMDS technology.

Comment

any idea what display adapter I should be looking at then in order to be able to use an lvds LCD?

Comment

This is one I ran across recently...

http://apollodisplays.com/prisma.php

It is a standalone board that converts Analog VGA or DVI in to LVDS out.

I've also seen LVDS connectors available on Advantech single board computers.

Comment

sorry what i meant to say is that the lcd already has an lvds controller with 6 wiries coming out of it and i just need a display adapter to hook it up too thats why i thought the geforce would be ideal as I read somewhere that it supports lvds displays but I can not work out how I would connect it up to this.

Comment

ok
            i may be of some assistance here

the lcd needs
            lvds -0
            lvds+0
            lvds-1
            lvds+1
            lvds-2
            lvds+2
            lvds-3
            lvds+3

+3.3vdc
            ground

this is my lcd that he is looking into buying and those are what the lcd board needs
            btw its a toshiba screen with a custom made lvds converterboard
            donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

anyone? someone must know something.

Comment

my two bits....well maybe one

Does it look like a daughter board can be hooked up to your geForce? This is probably the only way it will work without a dvitolvds converter (do those exist?). I know my epia m10000 has support for lvds too, but not really. A soldering genius would have to attach their "experimental daughterboard" to the mobo for it to support lvds. By the way, what lcd panel do you have.
                Duane
                Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
                512mb DDR333
                Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Working...
                X