Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what brands have a 5.0inch to 6.0inch touch screen monitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what brands have a 5.0inch to 6.0inch touch screen monitor?

hi im looking for a touch screen monitor for my future car monitor unit.

the actual screen would need to be anywhere between 5.0 to 6.0 inch diag. plus a slim border if thats even possible.

i have looked at lilliputs and the smallest touch screen they have is a 7.0 inch diag monitor, which is way to big for the location i plan on installing.

thanks for any advice or links to sites that have what im looking for.

I am also looking for a small touchscreen. Have found this 6.2 inch unit but the large bezel makes it unusable for me. Also there is little information on the unit as it seems discontinued by Power Acoustik. Any leads on smaller units would be appreciated

Comment

cool i thought i was the only one who is looking for a smaller screen.

there doesnt seem to be any maker who believes there is a market for smaller screens.
      im not sure why tho.

Comment

Originally posted by XJ12C View Post
        I am also looking for a small touchscreen. Have found this 6.2 inch unit but the large bezel makes it unusable for me. Also there is little information on the unit as it seems discontinued by Power Acoustik. Any leads on smaller units would be appreciated
        Thats a video screen not a computer monitor...you'll notice the difference the second you hook it up.

There are quite a few smaller screens out there but not really for the general public more for manufacturing. Looking forward to seeing what you guys can dig up...
        openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
        - Always Recruiting Developers -
        Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Of course you missed the AvionicsLCD website. Quite a few options there. Somebody on these forums ordered the 10.4" (Hellraiser I believe), somebody else try to get the 3.5" but was told that that smaller one is not that bright for a car application. In between they have a 5" model, and a 6.4 and a 6.5" model.

The specs are great, all of them have VGA, DVI, RCA AND S-Video input. Some of them are exceptional, super highbrightness with AG treatments. The 5" viewing angle is amazing. They're good enough for a Learjet or the Eurofighter, so they must work well in a car environment.

But they're not cheap, but certainly they're seem to be more reliable than a lilliput.
          Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
          Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
            Of course you missed the AvionicsLCD website. Quite a few options there. Somebody on these forums ordered the 10.4" (Hellraiser I believe), somebody else try to get the 3.5" but was told that that smaller one is not that bright for a car application. In between they have a 5" model, and a 6.4 and a 6.5" model.

The specs are great, all of them have VGA, DVI, RCA AND S-Video input. Some of them are exceptional, super highbrightness with AG treatments. The 5" viewing angle is amazing. They're good enough for a Learjet or the Eurofighter, so they must work well in a car environment.

But they're not cheap, but certainly they're seem to be more reliable than a lilliput.
            Good find!
            7" specs are the same as the lilliput but the rest are a lot better. Two problems I see though:
            1. The smaller ones are 4:3 screens not widescreen
            2. Not only are they expensive-theres a minimum order quantity
            openMobile - An open source C# Front End (why choose openMobile?)
            - Always Recruiting Developers -
            Like what you see? Donations are always welcome

Comment

Originally posted by justchat_1 View Post
              Good find!
              7" specs are the same as the lilliput but the rest are a lot better. Two problems I see though:
              1. The smaller ones are 4:3 screens not widescreen
              2. Not only are they expensive-theres a minimum order quantity
              those are definitely not pros for buying them.

Comment

I don't see the problem being 4:3 really. Some of them do need minimum order quantity, not sure which. Some members have bought from them, so they definitely sell one sample unit. It doesn't hurt to ask.

However, they are expensive, no doubt.
                Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
                Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

The Avionics LCD screens look great....thanks for the link. Two issues for me 1) 4:3 - my space is height restricted not width so I need widescreen to maximize the real estate available and 2) $360 seems a bit high for a 5" touchscreen.

There are companies like Densitron who sell to OEM's but I am not able to find any final product.

Will keep looking.

949...please report back if you have any luck

Comment

saw this. but of course it wont work and the size is too small.

oled screens.
                    http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=89

Comment

This is what I need, but they don't want to sell one peace.
                      http://www.hiinfoglobal.com/carpc/ent650.html
                      Opel Club Croatia
                      Opel Corsa OPC

Comment

Not touchscreens either..
                        But truly much better than what is offered on the carpc market.
                        New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
                        New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
                        "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

nice find.

now im curious if there is a touch screen with out any boarder buttons?

just a thin frame because with a 7nch diag screen, i think that a thin frame would keep the real estate smaller.

Comment

You can get single units of the hiinfo panel in 2DIN format from http://www.autovision.com.tw/
                            D650 is the part id, and it does have touchscreen. No extras really. You will take it apart anyway?

It is 450US including p&p and fees. The buttons are connected with FCC cable, and can be moved somewhere else and even replaced with your own button design. You will not need all functions.

I would have prefere the pure monitor too, as I think its electronics are smaller. Let me know if you find a seller.
                            My car installation mp3car thread "showing off project"

Comment

T650 is from now discontinued
                              D650 is a bit expensive, and has too many parts I don't need, so I'm troubled!
                              Opel Club Croatia
                              Opel Corsa OPC

Comment

Working...
                              X