Lilliput 10.1 Inch USB Touch Screen UM-1010/C/T

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 10.1 Inch USB Touch Screen UM-1010/C/T

Just received Lilliput 10.1 Inch USB Touch Screen UM-1010/C/T from MP3.com, nice looking monitor but I can't run Centrafuse on it for some reason? I can run Garmin, and other programs. I'm running this monitor using a laptop computer and every time I run Centrafuse it load on my laptop all other programs load on my Liliput monitor. If any one knows why, I would appreciate a solution otherwise this monitor is useless for what I wanted it for.

Hi,

Did you get this monitor working?, I am thinking of buying this monitor but I would like to know that it runs CarPC front-ends OK. I hope I am correct in thinking that this is ok to use as a primary monitor but I won't have access to the BIOS.
    My Projects:-

2010 BMW X1 install

1955 Austin A30 install

Comment

I have one being shipped to me should have it by sat, once i play with i will see if i can get centrafuse to work on it. Yes you will lose bios access with this usb monitor. I do not see why you could not use it as a primary monitor.

Comment

Yes I got it working fine. Nice picture and touch screen large display.
        I don't like the usb plugin, restricts the speed of the video as compared to vga plugin. I would not buy another monitor with the usb plug again.

Comment

Hi,
          I have Samsung UM70 USB monitor and centrafuse work great on it. What you must to do is use USB monitor as primary monitor, so all desktop icons will be on your USB monitor and on another display you will see only background image.

With USB monitor you lose BIOS and post display it work only when drivers in windows are loaded...

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback on this monitor, the size vs price is the factor that is driving me towards it at the moment. I will not be using it for lots of video work so I'm hoping it will be OK. Is the standard refresh time OK when using Windows? is it just when playing movies on it that is sluggish?

I will be using this with a 1.5Ghz Via motherboard with USB2.0.
            jml2012 are you using a motherboard with USB2.0?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to know that I'm not waisting my money...

2010 BMW X1 install

1955 Austin A30 install

Comment

Well, I went ahead and bought the Lilliput UM-1010/C/T.

Here is a quick comparison.

Pro's compared to my other 7" VGA touch-screen.

It has a single USB connection for everything.
              The resolution is higher at 1024 x 576.
              Brightness is good.
              The image is pin sharp with no dead pixels.
              It uses less power than my other 7" screen that has a CCFL backlight.
              Once the operating system is up and running the display automatically springs into life.
              It can easily be removed from the car and used elsewhere.
              It works well with RideRunner (apart from Gamma control)

Con's compared to my other 7" VGA touch-screen.
              The touch-panel doesn't seem as responsive. (Note if you use the supplied stylus you will scratch the screen immediately, Ouch)
              The touch-panel is glossy compared to that matt finish of my 7" screen.
              The screen resolution cannot be changed from 1024 x 576.
              You can alter the backlight brightness but not the colour or contrast.
              No Bios or Post screens

I have yet to test DVD playback and CPU usage but generally is seems quite responsive.

I hope this helps someone.

2010 BMW X1 install

1955 Austin A30 install

Comment

mac drivers... help!

I just received mine today in the mail...

A- the included manual says it doesn't support mac.
                B- the included driver CD has a mac os x folder... ummm, ok...
                C- installed mac drivers... still doesn't work...

i've googled around and can't find anything that doesn't have dead driver links...

Comment

How do Divx videos play? Is it just the 720p videos that have trouble?

Comment

I have just done a quick test playing a 720 x 576 MPEG2 VOB file with Mediaplayer classic (the same as I am using with RideRunner).

On a 2.8GHz, P4, PC:-
                    Video on Main Monitor: CPU = 20% and do dropped frames
                    Video on USB Monitor: CPU = 80% and do dropped frames
                    Please keep in mind that I may not have selected the appropriate Codes for this test as I only had 2 minutes to do a quick trial.

As the DisplayLink driver chip doesn't do any actual video decoding, I can't imagine that CPU usage would change much playing a DIVX file, in fact on a slow machine it would probably be worse.

FYI. This 10" Lilliput display has the DL-115 display IC in it. I've just opened it up ;-)
                    Although the display link website only mentions the DL-125???

2010 BMW X1 install

1955 Austin A30 install

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorC2 View Post
                      I have just done a quick test playing a 720 x 576 MPEG2 VOB file with Mediaplayer classic (the same as I am using with RideRunner).

On a 2.8GHz, P4, PC:-
                      Video on Main Monitor: CPU = 20% and do dropped frames
                      Video on USB Monitor: CPU = 80% and do dropped frames
                      Please keep in mind that I may not have selected the appropriate Codes for this test as I only had 2 minutes to do a quick trial.

As the DisplayLink driver chip doesn't do any actual video decoding, I can't imagine that CPU usage would change much playing a DIVX file, in fact on a slow machine it would probably be worse.

FYI. This 10" Lilliput display has the DL-115 display IC in it. I've just opened it up ;-)
                      Although the display link website only mentions the DL-125???
                      Thanks for the test and reply!

A few questions though. So you wrote "20% and do dropped frames" I assume when you say do you meant to type no? I plan on having on divx for my carpc...really no need for HD video on such tiny monitors with lower resolutions. I think I should be ok with my Atom 330...

Also I am wondering if with any general use in riderunner or other programs if you notice any choppy video at all? I think I can live with most of the other drawbacks to this monitor, even the glare...but if any of my transition seem slow in centrafuse for example, I will probably end up returning it...

Have you tried using the optional two usb connection? I wonder if that might make a difference. Maybe it allows for more information to be send through one usb and power to be sent from the other usb...just a thought...probably not designed this way but worth a test I think.

Thanks again

Comment

"20% and do dropped frames"
                        Oops that was supposed to be ‘No’ dropped frames.

Well I have now got the screen installed in my car. I am running this screen with a 1.5GHz, Via C7 based motherboard from Gigabyte, (Very similar to the PC3500G)

I have to admit, trying to run video with this motherboard and the Lilliput USB screen doesn't work well.
                        With a 720x576 MPEG2 file the CPU is running at %100 CPU and whilst the audio plays well the video stutters badly and suffers from quite a few dropped frames. I have also tried this with a smaller resolution 624x352 Xvid, unfortunately the CPU was still %100 and the video was choppy.
                        Note that both of these files play fine on my other CarPC (Again another 1.5Ghz Via C7 based Mini ITX motherboard but with a 7” VGA touch-screen)

However, Automapa GPS software works well and is very fluid, as are the transitions between the RideRunner screens. My main analogue dashboard screen has 6 flash gauges all of which work very smoothly.

For the money this screen is good at £159, the only close alternative for me was the 10.2" 16:9 VGA screen from ESAW but this was £275. For what I'm using it for in this car the USB Lilliput monitor is great. In my other car where I want video etc, the 7" VGA screen is far superior (and I get post, bios and DVD / Video etc)

2010 BMW X1 install

1955 Austin A30 install

Comment

Thanks for the more informative review!

I am glad I ended up buying a different screen. I won't be watching many videos or anything, but that is still a little annoying I would think. The usb powered touch screen technology I am sure will be better once usb 3.0 is more common...

Comment

question on the 10" usb monitor:

can the built in stand be removed, and if so, is there any way to mount it other ways? I'm in a big truck (International) and have plenty of room on my dash to mount this if I can bolt it down somewhere.

Comment

can the built in stand be removed
                              The stand can be removed with a bit of effort but there are no other ways to mount it.

I have now started to use this screen in ernest in my car and I have to say the glossy screen is a big problem. It is very reflective in the slightest bit of sunlight. If your using it in a big cab then you should be OK but in the car it is proving to be a pain.

2010 BMW X1 install

1955 Austin A30 install

Comment

Working...
                              X