replacement backlight parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement backlight parts

Question - anyone know where I can get a high-bright LCD backlight bar? I've found some places online, however no one sells the 7" bars individually or if they sell the bars, they're in a kit for $129 or more.

As always...I can't leave well-enough alone. My last LCD (which I aptly named Frankenscreen) was modded with 3M Vikuiti brightness enhancement filters, ESR backlight coating (reflects >98 percent light), and 2 CCFL tubes (1 original L shaped tube, and another L shaped tube + inverter I salvaged from a busted car-dvd player screen). The result was a very well readable display in the direct sunlight. it wasn't optically bonded though...so still not quite as good.

So I've got that screen in the garage now...and a new LED backlit eby701. Better contrast ratio than the old screen, and there's no crack in the LCD.

There's also a Lumex panel on Digikey that is 5000nits...that's tempting...and I'd get it...if I didn't have to order 10 at a time

no one? dangit... I'm itchin' to mod my new screen. Guess I'll have to build it from individual LED's.

Comment

FYI: Changing cold cathode backlighting to LEDs (+auto brightness control) & LED backlight conversion. Downloadable gerber files for demo.

Comment

I don't think you have to order 10 items from Digikey. I order a touch screen USB controller cable last week from them.
        04 Accord Coupe Carputer

Comment

it's already LED backlit, I was just looking for the easy way out (partly due to not a lot of free time lately) with buying a pre-made bar for the screen itself. I've run across a couple of those links before but haven't done anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ajamils View Post
            I don't think you have to order 10 items from Digikey. I order a touch screen USB controller cable last week from them.
            for this you do
            http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...CEL15890UWW-24

Comment

Working...
            X