Lilliput 629GL-70NP VS Lilliput 889GL-80NP/C/T Widescreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 629GL-70NP VS Lilliput 889GL-80NP/C/T Widescreen

I'm having a tough time deciding on these two screens.

The 8" will fit with only minor modding/trimming of the case and the 7" will have even less modding but both will easily fit.

The 7" is LED backlit which I was looking for but the 8" is, well, 8" but not LED backlit. I understand LED backlit LCDs are easier to read in sunlight so having a bigger screen is useless if I can't actually see it.

They're both approx. the same price.

Any other pros and cons you guys can point out for me?
    PROGRESS:
    Hardware: 100%
    Software: 99% - Always upgrading and improving.
    Installation: 100%

WORKLOG:
    2005 F-150

Originally posted by Tical84 View Post
    I'm having a tough time deciding on these two screens.

The 8" will fit with only minor modding/trimming of the case and the 7" will have even less modding but both will easily fit.

The 7" is LED backlit which I was looking for but the 8" is, well, 8" but not LED backlit. I understand LED backlit LCDs are easier to read in sunlight so having a bigger screen is useless if I can't actually see it.

They're both approx. the same price.

Any other pros and cons you guys can point out for me?
    My 889GL-80NP/C/T have LED backlight. If Im right Lilliput are on all 2009 models put LED backlight...

Comment

Good to know.
      I notice the mp3store contradicts/omits some things I've found on other websites, even lilliput's website.

I guess the main differences between the two besides size is the contrast ratio (200 8" vs 500 7"), brightness (350 8" and 300 7") and the viewing angle (50/50 L/R 8" vs 70/70 L/R 7").
      Are these difference worth going to the 7"?
      PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
      2005 F-150

Comment

Has anyone used either one of these touchscreens with the Metra double din adapter for the 2004-2008 F-150 or 2005-?? Mustang?
        PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
        2005 F-150

Comment

Alright, after doing more measuring if come to the conclusion that the 8" is ever so slighly too large for my enclosure. I can still use it but I'll miss 3mm top and bottom, and 1mm left and right OR I can use the 7" and not utilize the entire space available and end up having some of the case in enclosure.

Which do you people feel would be better?

PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
          2005 F-150

Comment

Well no one posted but I think I decided on the 8" and just play with my skin a little to make it work. I think it would give it a more OEM look than to have part of the existing case show through my enclosure.

Has anyone mounted a screen without using the origional case at all? Is it even possible?
            PROGRESS:

WORKLOG:
            2005 F-150

Comment

Working...
            X