Lilliput 889GL Ribbon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 889GL Ribbon

I accidentally slit the ribbon and a few of the wires were cut. After taking it apart it seems as though the ribbon is attached to the lcd and it cannot be replaced without replacing the entire lcd panel. Where can I find this? Or is there an easier way to do it?

NOTE: I can't guarentee this is correct, just from what ive read

i think you can get em here

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk....z_header=link

click the link
    FFC, FPC (Flat Flexible), Ribbon - Jumpers (531 items)

in the search u want FFC

and you must select the correct number of pins and the correct pitch.

I dont know the exact details about the 889GL but I will also be buyign one for the same screen I just havent looked into which cable to get. If you find out please post on here and let me know

NOTE AGAIN: I've just been reading about the ribbon cables a bit and this is what ive come up with, I can't guarentee this is what you need
    New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

But how would you attach the ribbon to the lcd panel? It isn't the small connector that locks like on the controller board side.it seems as though it is glued, on the lcd side.

Comment

oh maybe im misunderstnading. i thought you just needed a ribbon cable to replace it.

ill take a look at mine tonight and see if i can post a pic if i figure it out
        New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

I need to replace the ribbon that connects the lcd to the controller board. It easily disconnects from the controller side, but the lcd side seems to be permanantly attached. Let me kno if you know how to replace it.

Comment

ok so i just tried it out on mine.

on the lcd panel theres a circuit board that the ribbon cable is connected to. the ribbon cable goes into a socket that is black with a white piece on top. to get the ribbon cable out you need to lift the white piece up. heres a pic

New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

Mine seems to be different from yours unless I am making something out incorrectly in your pic. I posted two pics of the ribbon that I need to replace on mine.As you can see it seems as it is permanently connected to the board which connects to the lcd panel.

Comment

hmm weird, maybe same model screens but different years made.

I'm not sure, id look for any piece that looks like it might be able to flip to take the ribbon out but if u cant find one then i guess it cant be done
                New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

Doesn't look like its possible to replace the ribbon so I bought a new one. I have the old parts for sale if anyone needs anything: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/vbcl...?do=ad&id=2909

Comment

Hello,

I have a small slit in my flex/ribbon cable that I believe is preventing video on my Dynamix 910. How does one figure out the pitch?

Comment

Use a ruler. Or compare it to something you know for sure. Standard headers are 0.100" (2.54mm) apart for a reference.
                      2001 Mustang Convertible Worklog
                      Indigo Custom Frontend (Flash/Delphi)
                      Blog

Qube v1.3 Now Available at the mp3Car Store!!!!!!
                      The simplest IO controller you'll ever use!

Comment

Originally posted by colin View Post
                        Use a ruler. Or compare it to something you know for sure. Standard headers are 0.100" (2.54mm) apart for a reference.
                        Thanks for the speedy reply! I looked really close at my cable and I can see where the tear is...I am wondering if I could do something to repair it? Maybe a tiny solder job? Something like in this thread I am hoping might work.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...bon-cable.html

My only problem is that this cable is a bit finer which could be good or bad...

Thanks

Comment

Hey Fanta, if u can't repair it or need a new screen I have my 8 Inch lillput panel im trying to sell if your interested.
                          New Project in the Works

Previous Worklog here

Comment

Originally posted by BCasey View Post
                            Hey Fanta, if u can't repair it or need a new screen I have my 8 Inch lillput panel im trying to sell if your interested.
                            Well I appreciate the offer, but I have a 9" screen and the bezel was made for that size.

Out of curiosity, did you ever finish your custom bezel with that touch screen?

Comment

Working...
                            X