EBY701 and 629 Controller board differences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBY701 and 629 Controller board differences

A while back i purchased a Transflective lilliput (629) I am not sure if it is LED backlit or not

I am pretty sure my controller board is going bad and i will need to replace it. I don't have the option to replace the entire monitor since the optics in the LCD pannel and antiglare qualities on the touchpannel make it transflective. My only option is to replace the controller board (which i am very comfortable doing), I just want to get the right part.

Can the 629 controller board that i currently have be swapped out with a EBY701 controller?

I don't mind doing custom soldering as long as its not on the 15 pin ribbon cable.
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Yes you can use a 701 board as long as A, you have the same LCD panel, and B, if you have the LED Innolux panel, you need to make sure that the panel you have now does NOT have a separate back light connector.

The 2nd gen LED Lilli's use the same LCD panels as gen 1 LED Lilli's, but the LCD model # is rev. V.1.
    V.0 LED LCD panels have a separate connector for the LED back light, and it looks identical to a CCFL connecotr.
    V.1 panels have the LED driver integrated in to the LCD panel, and is powered and controlled through the ribbon cable.

Once you open your monitor, a quick look inside will tell all.

Comment

Originally posted by tft_lcd_org View Post
      Yes you can use a 701 board as long as A, you have the same LCD panel, and B, if you have the LED Innolux panel, you need to make sure that the panel you have now does NOT have a separate back light connector.

The 2nd gen LED Lilli's use the same LCD panels as gen 1 LED Lilli's, but the LCD model # is rev. V.1.
      V.0 LED LCD panels have a separate connector for the LED back light, and it looks identical to a CCFL connecotr.
      V.1 panels have the LED driver integrated in to the LCD panel, and is powered and controlled through the ribbon cable.

Once you open your monitor, a quick look inside will tell all.
      Thanks for the Reply. Without looking i am pretty sure that it isn't the the LED backlight or the Innolux Pannel. I am pretty sure that it is the CCFL. So does that mean that niether of the the links that posted will work and that i need to find an older style (Pre LED controller)?

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter View Post
        Thanks for the Reply. Without looking i am pretty sure that it isn't the the LED backlight or the Innolux Pannel. I am pretty sure that it is the CCFL. So does that mean that niether of the the links that posted will work and that i need to find an older style (Pre LED controller)?
        In a word, yes.
        If you have a CCFL panel, you cannot use a controller for an LED panel.

Comment

Originally posted by tft_lcd_org View Post
          In a word, yes.
          If you have a CCFL panel, you cannot use a controller for an LED panel.
          I would assume as much I jut wanted to be sure. I know that CCFL uses high voltage where as LED does not so it makes sense that the electronics are different.

Anybody have any idea where i can source a replacment board? It looks like digitalww is out of business

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter View Post
            I would assume as much I jut wanted to be sure. I know that CCFL uses high voltage where as LED does not so it makes sense that the electronics are different.

Anybody have any idea where i can source a replacment board? It looks like digitalww is out of business
            Contact the guy from this auction HERE
            he told me he has one in stock, 75.00

His name is John Xu, and he is a Lilliput dealer
            (no affiliation)

Comment

Working...
            X