Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to relocate these buttons -is there negative and positive ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to relocate these buttons -is there negative and positive ?

My tft is a 7" Nanovision which has 7 buttons: AV/PC, sound, menu and power buttons.....

Well guys i need some help to understand how are my tft control buttons, I have to ralocate those buttons and need to know if i can do the next thing. I dont wanna solder directly on the board...so i was planning use some new wires and connect them paralell with the wiring that connects the control buttons to the tft main board...

Looking at my pics: its the front and rear side of the control buttons board which will connect to the mainboard through a 7 pin white connector which appears on the rear side

For now i wanna know if there is a negative and positive and where they are, since i have 7 buttons for 7 wires....i was wondering if the wire its positive and negative is on the board or what ??? I just wanna avoid to solder cause its too much nano size......for me to solder.....

So what can be done....

thanks!!!

Why not extend the connector?

Or by relocate, do you mean the individual buttons and not the assembly?

Comment

Originally posted by OldSpark View Post
      Why not extend the connector?

Or by relocate, do you mean the individual buttons and not the assembly?

I mean the individual buttons. I need to have them positioned on another location and so i need to know these

Comment

The easiest way to make it work the way you want to is to remove each button and solder on extension wires between the button and board.
        Each only needs 2.

You will need to keep the original board as there are resistors and other components necessary for the buttons to operate properly.

If you are handy with soldering small wire this should be no problem.

Use caution when removing the buttons. They are flimsy and will separate easily.

Comment

Originally posted by tft_lcd_org View Post
          The easiest way to make it work the way you want to is to remove each button and solder on extension wires between the button and board.
          Each only needs 2.

You will need to keep the original board as there are resistors and other components necessary for the buttons to operate properly.

If you are handy with soldering small wire this should be no problem.

Use caution when removing the buttons. They are flimsy and will separate easily.
          I have another buttons to use, not the original ones.

i will remain these board but need to relocate buttons to another location. And if i dont remove the buttons can i cut the wires on the 7 pin connector and make some parallell wiring or what ?

My question is why there are only 7 wires ???? I was thinking why not 14 wires (positive and negative for each button)

THANKS

Comment

it looks like there are more then just buttons on that board(definitely resistors, possibly at least 1 transistor)-- i would also just extend from the solder pads of the buttons...
            My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
            "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
              it looks like there are more then just buttons on that board(definitely resistors, possibly at least 1 transistor)-- i would also just extend from the solder pads of the buttons...

i dont wanna leave these control buttons board....i just wanna pjut another buttons like these ones that would make the same job, but instead of removing or soldering directly on the board can i do another thing??

Comment

i don't think it can be done easily without reverse engineering what those other parts are for.

i think it would be fine to just replace the existing buttons with other momentary switches, but, if it were my own project, i would leave the existing buttons, and just add-on to it so that i can verify that it should work as intended-- a plan 'b'...
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

Just wire the new buttons in parallel with the existing ones (ie, leave the existing ones there - there is no need to remove them).

Comment

Originally posted by 528i_tourer View Post
                    I have another buttons to use, not the original ones.

i will remain these board but need to relocate buttons to another location. And if i dont remove the buttons can i cut the wires on the 7 pin connector and make some parallell wiring or what ?

My question is why there are only 7 wires ???? I was thinking why not 14 wires (positive and negative for each button)

THANKS
                    The wires are not + and -.

The switches simply complete a ground circuit.

There is a separate wire for each switch, and when pressed they ground out the wire they are assigned to.

Since there is also at least 2 wires for the IR sensor (5v+ and signal) and the power leads for the LED lights the resistors are used to change the signal that the LCD controller sees when a button is pressed.

I am guessing the wires are something like:

1 Ground
                    1 IR V+
                    1 IR signal
                    1 LED "on" V+
                    1 LED "standby" V+
                    2 for ground returns

Comment

Working...
                    X