Advice on replacing the nav screen in my 370Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on replacing the nav screen in my 370Z

Hi, this is my first post and I just wanted to say this place is excellent - loads of useful info

OK, I have a 2009 UK 370Z and it has a built in sat nav. The screen is 7" and non-touch.

What I would like to do is replace the screen with a Lilliput touch screen for use with a reversing camera and a car PC. Since the factory nav is so integrated into the car I need to be able to display the current video onto the new screen too.

Reading a lot on here I understand that the factory screen is probably RGsB and that the Nissan (Xanavi) display may also have some non-standard sync too. I am hoping an RGB to VGA converter (like this one) will convert the signal to VGA and it will be as simple as that.

Has anyone tried anything similar? What do you think my chances are of this working?

Thanks,

Paul

Any ideas folks? Anything might be useful, Nissan or not

Comment

370z

Hello... I have a pearl white 370z touring w/ sports pkg. The car is phenomenal! The only thing that I regret is not getting the nav pkg. So instead I have that cubby box above my bose system. I have been looking for ideas on how and what to mount in that thing.. so far I have looked at the Viliv X70 and the archos 5, but haven't made up my mind... anyways. When I get my PC installed, I will post some pics.

Comment

Check this thread.
        CAR: 2007 G35 Sport Coupe 5AT
        HARDWARE: Dell D630 w/ dock, internal 80G HD, internal 320G HD, Verizon Wireless Card, iBlue GM-2 GPS w/iGuidance, OBDPros w/DashCommand, Visteon HD Radio w/ Home Made Cable, Current Version of RR w/ DFX Skin. My Install.

Comment

Originally posted by digita7voic3 View Post
          Hello... I have a pearl white 370z touring w/ sports pkg. The car is phenomenal! The only thing that I regret is not getting the nav pkg. So instead I have that cubby box above my bose system. I have been looking for ideas on how and what to mount in that thing.. so far I have looked at the Viliv X70 and the archos 5, but haven't made up my mind... anyways. When I get my PC installed, I will post some pics.
          I'd like to see that! I didn't want to have the nav in mine (because I knew it was an old version that would be replaced and I would have this problem) but mine is a yellow limited edition and in the UK they come with a nav. I got it for a good price so I couldn't say no!

Originally posted by drewbp View Post
          Check this thread.
          Cheers for that, I did read that post some time ago so I will re-read it in case I missed any info

Comment

Working...
          X