DL070PM 7" LCD (Shark or other brand)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL070PM 7" LCD (Shark or other brand)

Apparently at least a few of this have this screen. I'm starting this thread in the hopes that we can help each other get it working properly. The version I have (purchased off ebay) has no brand name on it (the box it came in said "HOT BOX", but this name is not reflected anywhere else), but it is otherwise identical to the Shark.

I currently have mine connected to a Foxconn NT-510 dual-core Atom nettop running Windows 7, and I'm having a few issues:

1. Windows says this is a non plug-and-play monitor and is running it at 800x600 rather than 800x480. The picture quality is usable (at least for what I want to do with it) but this throws the aspect ratio off and everything is wider than it should be. I tried using Powerstrip but it appears not to like the built-in video controller and says it can only use the preset resolutions, none of which matches the monitor's. The drivers that came with the screen were of no use.

2. Has anyone gotten Windows to treat this as a touch screen? On my system it sees the screen as a mouse, which works, but I'm guessing it would work better if it was configured as a touch screen (for example, you should be able to drag text around to scroll it, rather than having to use scroll bars).

I met the same situation about 2 years ago but hadn't fixed this issue. This LCD is equiped in my car for the display of my car-pc(XP system) and about one month ago occured failing to turn on with the power button otherwise to restart it by disconnectting power input.

Looking for resolutions to the above two issues. shake:

Comment

Originally posted by 666yjs View Post
      I met the same situation about 2 years ago but hadn't fixed this issue. This LCD is equiped in my car for the display of my car-pc(XP system) and about one month ago occured failing to turn on with the power button otherwise to restart it by disconnectting power input.

Looking for resolutions to the above two issues. shake:
      FWIW, I'm having a similar problem with my power button - it will not turn the screen off at all. Mine's still under warranty and I've been meaning to send it back...

Comment

Working...
      X