No announcement yet.

Mounting Suggestion

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Suggestion

I'm thinking about mounting a Xenarc screen in my car. I don't want to take out my radio and I dont see any were I could mount a screen. I was wondering if it would be possible to mount the Xenarc around the A/C vents. Could I remove it if I go somewere and don't want to leave it in sight? I also don't want to damage the dash if I decide to sell the car. One option would be my ash tray, If I could get something to pop up from there. I herd there was not alot of room under it though. Here are some pics:

2003 Audi A4 1.8t (Totaled, Project Canceled)

I'd put it above the radio in front of the A/C vents. And make it removeable. I highly doubt you'll be able to find room down by that ash tray and even if you do, the gearshift looks like it'll block it.
    2001 Jetta 1.8T
    JL VR650CSi (front), three JL 8W6 (sub), MB Quart PSD 216 (rear), Xtant 302A (subs), Xtant 4180C (highs),
    Shuttle FV25, Cely 1.3GHZ, 256MB Kingston PC133, WD 80GB 7200 RPM, 150W Opus, 7" TM-700TS LCD, IRMAN,

All right thanks. How hard is that, what would I need? Also would it leave any marks or anything like that or is there some clip?

if the A4 counsole is anything like my Jetta counsole you have no room to install a xenarc. Only thing would be liek onto of the dash or something ghetto like that.

Is that a double din unit? but you said you didnt want to touch your radio, so your out of luck.
        Mine needs to be updated.

I don't know, Id say it probably would be similar. My radio is D-Din, but I really like the stock look of it. It is possible to import a unit from Europe with a 5in screen. That would cost about $2000 and it would be easier to get and in dash screen. I'll probably just have to ghetto mount it. That should be ok because i'm sure someone would like to help them selves to it at school. I can always take it out.

Try this site. They provide monitor mounts (under Sat Nav Brackets) that can mount to your vents causing no damage. They ship to to USA