Some help to set me off in the right direction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some help to set me off in the right direction

Hello everyone, I have a Sharp screen model 3L-U8E. I've done some research on it and have found out:

Input Signal System is: NTSC
    Signal Interface is: Composite/Standard analog RGB

I found a site listing pinouts for the flat cable coming out of the screen wich I do have.

Main question is, How do I go about connecting this to my computer, do I need an interface card? With a card will I be able to hook it up to the vga port on the computer, or will it be an rca type connection?

I'm trying to learn this screen stuff, but I can't find any good resourses to explain all this stuff to me, I just have to piece stuff togeather.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

oh also, this computer has s video outputs

Comment

will it be an rca type connection
      Composite is an RCA type connector, and will be the easiest to get out of your computer. You can get an S-Video to composite adapter for around $7 shipped off Ebay (or $20 at Radio Shack, plus another $10 cable).

With a card will I be able to hook it up to the vga port on the computer
      This is harder, since it won't take normal VGA, but is still doable. Take a look at the Playstation/PSOne threads for more info, as they take the same as your display (at least the NTSC ones, PAL ones seem to be different for some reason).

Comment

Working...
      X