lilliput 629 auto on issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilliput 629 auto on issues

Hi I have read many threads on this modification since I bought the version without the wiring to have the auto on feature work for something like a reverse camera.

I have followed the few threads out there that say to solder on 2 10k resistors and a sot23 package NPN transistor and the first transistor i put on nothing happened upon putting 12V on the wire. The next NPN transistor I put on the video input keeps rapidly switching between PC and Video 2 so fast that it can not even bring up an image. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Try this and undo changes you have made

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...set-codes.html

Comment

thanks larry but i have already tried all the codes and i have it set to power state 2 and i have tried a few other options. i know its not the codes because i got it to switch but it just keeps switching. i think there is something going on with my transistor.

Comment

You need to have it connected to a camera or it will be confused and switch back and fourth as you are describing. Put something on vid 2 and you will seee that it will stay on that screen until you remove the 12v power from the sense wire.

Comment

I did have it connected to a camera but I suspect its the fact that I'm using 2 separate power supplies with non common grounds. I also tried it without a camera connected but that good to know that it only works with a source on the desired input. Any difference between video 1 and 2?

Comment

It could be the ground. I have never played with that before so I cant confirm that. The auto switch defaults to video 2 (i believe) and there is no way that I know of that you can force it to video 1.

Comment

Issue solved, used the same ground for both the power supply and my boards power supply and it worked flawlessly.

The transistor I used was and NTE 2408 NPN if anyone is curious. It is sold at Fry's so pretty easy to get for everyone out there.

Comment

Working...
              X