PIC REQ: Those with in-dash LCDs (flush mounted) NON-POP-UPs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIC REQ: Those with in-dash LCDs (flush mounted) NON-POP-UPs

I just want to see if anyone else went as far as to mount their LCD in the dash. I love the look! For an example, here's mine (I know a lot of you have seen it, but for the new players).

I think it's really slick when it looks like it belongs in the car. Please add on!
    My Install Thread
    digitaljetta.com

MKIV VW Jetta
    How do I get sound to my car?

Let the ****ing contest begin.
    NEW complete and updated My project with 100+ pics on 7-4-03
    If you have a Shuttle FV24 motherboard in perfect working condition for sale, please PM me.

Comment

Here's mine

Comment

Comment

Comment

Those are all slick setups!

I was always worried about drawing too much attention to my car w/o being able to hide it, though.

I do wonder why nobody has come up with an end-user double-DIN VGA screen... Fits in a double-DIN, nice flush profressional border... Touchscreen and/or some generic buttons around the edge.

Oh, and then the whole thing is motorized and flips over to show a stock $15 radio. ;-)

Comment

work in progress (actually, this is the temporary setup until i get around to doin some fiberglassing)

when i park, just plop the stock deck face in front of it
              Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
              Mods: Yep
              Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

Nice bit of security 00CericaRuss...Not bad looking to everyone's setup...just like the added security of the fake faceplate...
                Such is life....

Comment

This is not my car.. but is basically the same exact way i'll be doin mine.

Comment

Recaro seats, TurboTimer AND Carputer! My kind of people!!! hehe.

Those look great, but what size/model are they???
                    "I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar"

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                      Recaro seats, TurboTimer AND Carputer! My kind of people!!! hehe.

Those look great, but what size/model are they???
                      I've never talked to the guy above.. but I believe he uses the 7" screen digitalww sells.

I'm going to try it with the Xenarc.

Comment

Any of you guys got any good pics of the brackets you used (especially you Jetta guys). I'd love to get a good idea how you have them secured to the dash.
                        Car:
                        2001 Jetta 1.8T
                        Stereo:
                        JL VR650CSi (front), three JL 8W6 (sub), MB Quart PSD 216 (rear), Xtant 302A (subs), Xtant 4180C (highs),
                        Computer:
                        Shuttle FV25, Cely 1.3GHZ, 256MB Kingston PC133, WD 80GB 7200 RPM, 150W Opus, 7" TM-700TS LCD, IRMAN,

Comment

you're gonna have to custom fab a bracket.

at the moment, i'm using some strapping stuff to mount it to the back of the bezel, but plan on building a much better bracket to mount it to where the factory stereo mounts so that it's more solid and goes back exactly the same everytime.

dx84crx, it still looks like *** in my eyes, and now that i'm about to move into a house w/a garage, i'll actually have somewhere to do real work to my car... so... give me a couple months.. it will look much better
                          Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

And here is mine with a different approach to fitting in a Gen7 celica.

Its running myhtpc and I've used the xboxeye backdrop from a media engine frontend coz its such a damn cool backdrop.
                            My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

njay.. good to see you here... that's the oem navigation center console, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X