Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use laptop/pc w lvds output to go into my lvds oem screen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use laptop/pc w lvds output to go into my lvds oem screen?

I have a BMW E60 and I want to put a car pc in it. Is it possible to connect directly into the oem lvds screen from a device puttnig out lvds signal?

I am totally new to this and I have searched but donīt seem to get the exact answer.

Uploaded some pdf:s . Can I get help to tell if this will work?

Kindly
    Attached Files

motorcitytech@yahoo.com

send him an email. he knows quite a lot about the lvds stuff. he made the cable to connect my laptop lcd to my msi motherboard. works flawlessly.

Comment

Who is it? lol

I think it may not work so easily, or it may depend entirely on the laptop motherboard.

Comment

don't know of a name directly. but its a company that specializes in video cables, ect.
        someone from there is on mp3car.com
        just do a search or shoot them an email. tell them what you got and what you want to do.
        im sure they can give you an answer if its possible or not.

one good lcd to look for is the led backlit lvds screen from a g4 powerbook. their around 12.1"

Comment

Do you have experience in powering LED backlights?

I wonder if they could decode the 17" 10-bit IPS RGB LED backlit dreamcolor panel... that would get them pretty popular

Comment

Originally posted by slociviccoupe View Post
            don't know of a name directly.
            Motor City Technologies, and I will reply to your email re: the LED backlight upgrade shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by niffcreature View Post
              Do you have experience in powering LED backlights?

I wonder if they could decode the 17" 10-bit IPS RGB LED backlit dreamcolor panel... that would get them pretty popular
              What do you mean by "decode"?
              What is the model # of the LCD?

Comment

Working...
              X