Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput screen disfunctional (high contrast)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput screen disfunctional (high contrast)

I was ready to install my pc in my car today. I got everything set, but a minute later after connecting my screen to the laptop it displayed the blue "no input" screen then I rebooted the laptop, now the screen doesn't display the original colors, it displays everything in a green high contrast. I did accidentally cut the video and red audio because I was trying to cut half of the beige thingy so I could fit the monitor cable using the bybyte in dash kit (the pic may explain it better.
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

well, it would appear that the damage you did to the SKS cable is the culprit.

I would also check the LCD panel ribbon cable on both ends (LCD and controller sides) to make sure it is seated properly. But it looks like you clipped one of the VGA wires.

Comment

based on Your pictures, my tip is the ribbon cable between controller and LCD panel, missing color lines in VGA cables gives fully red/blue/green picture...
      "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
      Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Originally posted by FPeter View Post
        missing color lines in VGA cables gives fully red/blue/green picture...
        Actually, I was referring to a missing H or V sync, or ground that will cause the same image.
        Guess I should have been more technical in my response...

Especially for a CUT cable.

Comment

it wasn't the cut sks cable, I tried a different one. I order the other part of the cable to see if that's it. where can I find the ribbon cables for sale? Does anyone have some working ones laying around?

Comment

Originally posted by tft_lcd_org View Post
            Actually, I was referring to a missing H or V sync, or ground that will cause the same image.
            Guess I should have been more technical in my response...

Especially for a CUT cable.
            missing H/Vsync and ground gives absolutely no picture
            Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Originally posted by trigga_b View Post
              it wasn't the cut sks cable, I tried a different one. I order the other part of the cable to see if that's it. where can I find the ribbon cables for sale? Does anyone have some working ones laying around?
              try to reconnect it on both side, force it a little bit left or right during lock

Comment

Originally posted by FPeter View Post
                try to reconnect it on both side, force it a little bit left or right during lock
                I went crazy trying that, lol. I found a cut on the longer cord that connects to the sks cable and there were some copper wire was exposed. I don't know if the wire was for interference purposes, but I cut it (since I already ordered another) to see what happen and nothing happened. The wires under the foil looked good and intact. I tried adjusting the color settings, it looks a little better, but not good, it's like it won't show any dark colors. the centrafuse screens is like a dark color green.

Comment

Originally posted by trigga_b View Post
                  I went crazy trying that, lol. I found a cut on the longer cord that connects to the sks cable and there were some copper wire was exposed. I don't know if the wire was for interference purposes, but I cut it (since I already ordered another) to see what happen and nothing happened. The wires under the foil looked good and intact. I tried adjusting the color settings, it looks a little better, but not good, it's like it won't show any dark colors. the centrafuse screens is like a dark color green.
                  Probably should try a different vga cable too. Since you tried a different sks cable, I am guessing have a second vga as well?

You may have a cut wire inside that one and not be able to see it.

Comment

Working...
                  X