Short Lilliput cable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Lilliput cable?

I'm putting together an indash pc and the Lilliput's cable it's way to long.
    There is a way to shorten it?
    how it's connected the USB in the cable? it can be separated?

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
    its a bit tricky because USB data lines goes on pin 8 TMDS Data0 Shield and pin 17 DDC/CEC Ground - they are grounded in a normal HDMI cable

easiest way is to buy a cheap short USB and HDMI cable on ebay, then cut the plastic on monitor side from HDMI cable:
    - disconnect the ground wires from pin 8 and 17
    - connect these wires to other ground point
    - cut the connector on one side of USB cable and connect black to a ground point, leave red unconnected
    - connect USB's white and green to pin 8 and 17 (test it and swap if doesnt work, You cant make trouble with swapped lines)
    - cover the connector with hot glue gun to protect it from short circuit

here is an example from my other project, ignore the connectet circuit, just for HDMI mod:

"case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
    Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

What model Lilliput do you have?

Comment

Koszonom Peter a segitseget.
        thanks for the fast reply, but I should have mentioned that I will be using the VGA cable.
        I have the 669HB.

Comment

Koszonom Peter a segitseget.
          thanks for the fast reply, but I should have mentioned that I will be using the VGA cable.
          I have the 669HB.
          hehe, eddig nem is néztem a nevedet...
          Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

it's ok to just cut the cable and resolder all the wires?

Comment

anybody found that monitor connector somewhere?
              I have researched online but it looks like nobody found it yet.
              to me it looks like a D terminal connector with 14 pins, but I'm not sure if it's D1, D2, D3 or D4?
              it looks like they use it in Japan for HD.
              if I could get this connector, I could make my own cable.

Comment

Originally posted by FPeter View Post
                its a bit tricky because USB data lines goes on pin 8 TMDS Data0 Shield and pin 17 DDC/CEC Ground - they are grounded in a normal HDMI cable

easiest way is to buy a cheap short USB and HDMI cable on ebay, then cut the plastic on monitor side from HDMI cable:
                - disconnect the ground wires from pin 8 and 17
                - connect these wires to other ground point
                - cut the connector on one side of USB cable and connect black to a ground point, leave red unconnected
                - connect USB's white and green to pin 8 and 17 (test it and swap if doesnt work, You cant make trouble with swapped lines)
                - cover the connector with hot glue gun to protect it from short circuit

here is an example from my other project, ignore the connectet circuit, just for HDMI mod:

This is perfect for what I am trying to accomplish. I have tried to connect my 669 HB model through the VGA USB touchscreen cable, but the only time that actually works is when I use VGA as the actual output, I can't use HDMI as video output and the VGA USB for the touchscreen.

I am trying to attempt to solder this and it is a difficult task. I was wondering if you were able to figure out where the white and green wires are connected to exactly(8 or 17), you said to just switch them if unsure, I only have one shot at this so I was wondering if you could pass anymore knowledge on. The other question I had is what ground pin did you use? Did you use the main ground pin that is attached to the housing of the HDMI cable, or use a specific pin? Any info or diagrams I would truly appreciate. Thanks for your input and help!

Comment

Originally posted by pjsallday View Post
                  This is perfect for what I am trying to accomplish. I have tried to connect my 669 HB model through the VGA USB touchscreen cable, but the only time that actually works is when I use VGA as the actual output, I can't use HDMI as video output and the VGA USB for the touchscreen.

I am trying to attempt to solder this and it is a difficult task. I was wondering if you were able to figure out where the white and green wires are connected to exactly(8 or 17), you said to just switch them if unsure, I only have one shot at this so I was wondering if you could pass anymore knowledge on. The other question I had is what ground pin did you use? Did you use the main ground pin that is attached to the housing of the HDMI cable, or use a specific pin? Any info or diagrams I would truly appreciate. Thanks for your input and help!
                  now i have changed this cable to a simple untouched, 90-degree cable because my new G41 motherboard's integrated X4500 drives it very well via HDMI without any up/downscaling, its picture is perfect. i made some other modification on the PCB inside the monitor for USB touchscreen: 2 PCB-wire goes to the VGA and HDMI connector from the controller area - there is 2 0-Ohm SMD resistor on them - i have desoldered these resistors and wired the touchscreen to an external USB cable. so the controller and the HDMI/VGA connectors are separated now...

regarding to the 8/17 pins: i will try to find my notes about it, might be documented somewhere... but gives no any error if they are swapped - only not detected by windows, or gives "unknown device" message...

Comment

Working...
                  X