Lilli EBY701 input issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilli EBY701 input issues

I am having problems with my Lilli EBY701 monitor. I have it connected to my Acer Aspire in my truck and I can't get it to show consitently. After configuring it will display as should, but the when rebooting out of hibernation sometimes it will say no input. However when it does this it will show the resuming windows screen and after that go to no input. The only way I can get it to show again is to configure it again in windows. I would greatly appreciate any help as it is driving me crazy and I'm ready to throw everything out the window.
    Project X10 Belazer
    Progress: NEVER ENDING!!!
    http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ime-puter.html

This might be a computer issue and not a monitor issue. Do you have a computer that you can hook up to the monitor to verify it's the monitor causing the problem?
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Yea I tried it on my other comp and it didn't give any problems, but I can try again. I'm guessing its a computer settings issue but I'm not sure what it should be set up as. I've tried making it the primary and secondary monitor and still. Also have tried having only that show and having that and the laptop monitor be clones and still. I don't know if the fact that the lid is closed would affect it? Like i said when the computer is coming out of hibernation the Acer screen shows on the Lilliput as well as the resume windows screen...after that it just goes to no input. Can the resolution affect this? I know computer basics, but am still pretty much a noob when it comes to advanced settings.
      Project X10 Belazer

Comment

Originally posted by dna59 View Post
        i have only one idea: is the videocard driver on the laptop the latest one ? try to download from chipset vendor's site ( not from acer's site ! )
        "case": Skoda Superb Elegance 1.8T
        Asrock G41MH-GE, E2180 2GHz dualcore, 1024MB DDR2/800, Samsung F1 750GB/7200RPM/32MB, M4-ATX, Lilliput FA1011 HDMI touchscreen, ASUS Xonar DG PCI, homemade Quectel L10 USB GPS

Comment

Do you have a desktop or a laptop?
          1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
            Do you have a desktop or a laptop?
            "I have it connected to my Acer Aspire in my truck......"

"Also have tried having only that show and having that and the laptop monitor be clones...."

Comment

@tft: For the first one, there are desktop versions of the Aspire. For the second one, I admit I missed the laptop reference. My bad.

@dna: Since it's a laptop, it's probably related to the external output not being automatically turned back on after a reboot or resuming from sleep/hibernation. In my experience, laptops that don't have docking port connections don't power up the external monitor port automatically with the cover closed - it usually requires the Fn+F8 key combo. Was your other computer also a laptop, and if so what is the make/model and did you also have the cover closed?

The resolution might have something to do with it. Have you tried making the default resolution 800x600 or something else that the Lilliput natively supports?

Comment

Ok yes it is a laptop and yes the cover was closed. However, for some reason the Fn+F5 button doesn't work to switch the display. What I did was went into ATI catalyst and to advance and set the Lilli as the main monitor and disabled the laptop display. So far it has worked and I'm hoping it stays that way.

*EDIT* The display switched right back to the laptop's monitor and only the Acer and resume screen showing on the front again. Any ideas?
                Project X10 Belazer

Comment

Well I got the latest driver for the Acer Aspire 3640 w/ ATI Radeon Xpress 200m and even upgraded ATI catalyst. Still did the same thing. I'm trying setting the LCD as the primary and disable the laptop screen with a resolution of 800x600 since it seems many ppl have had luck with that resolution. Can anyone tell me why the function key to switch displays does not work?

*EDIT* From reading it seems it settings in the ATI CCC that causing the problems, but why I don't know. Maybe its something with the resolution, but I can't find it out for the love of me since everything I found for the Acer is based on the Intel graphics driver. I have the said Intel driver on my other comp which is a Aspire ONE and the Lilli works perfect with it. I also found out why the Fn+F5 doesn't work. The one I'm using for the carputer does not have the Acer launch manager which controls the Fn+F5 function, so I will try installing that and see what happens.
                  Project X10 Belazer

Comment

Working...
                  X