Looking for an 8.4" 16:9 Display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an 8.4" 16:9 Display

Do these exist? With some rough measurements and calculation, 8.4" would fit into a double din whilst not having any borders etc. Any one else come to this conclusion?

Originally posted by niblettr View Post
    Do these exist? With some rough measurements and calculation, 8.4" would fit into a double din whilst not having any borders etc. Any one else come to this conclusion?
    Measured diagonally, a Double DIN opening is 8".

Assuming you can find an LCD panel that has a paper thin metal frame, you would be about 7.6-7.8" at most. AFAIK, no such LCD size (VGA that is) exists.

7" is about all you are going to fit in a D.D. opening.

Comment

Originally posted by tft_lcd_org View Post
      Measured diagonally, a Double DIN opening is 8".

Assuming you can find an LCD panel that has a paper thin metal frame, you would be about 7.6-7.8" at most. AFAIK, no such LCD size (VGA that is) exists.

7" is about all you are going to fit in a D.D. opening.
      the double din standard is 4" tall by 7" wide..
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
        the double din standard is 4" tall by 7" wide..
        OK, sorry. The double din opening measures 8-1/16" diagonally.

My fault, I missed the 16th of an inch while doing the math in my head.

Won't happen again.

Comment

i wasn't correcting you, just adding the specific L x W dimensions of the opening.. because there could be many panels that have a 8" diagonal measurement, but less that measure closer to the real size of a double din opening.

and don't lie-- it will happen again, your just in denial (don't worry about it, just a couple of weeks ago, i was off by over a hundred feet on a wire run--a 1/16" is nuthin..)
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
            i wasn't correcting you, just adding the specific L x W dimensions of the opening.. because there could be many panels that have a 8" diagonal measurement, but less that measure closer to the real size of a double din opening.

and don't lie-- it will happen again, your just in denial (don't worry about it, just a couple of weeks ago, i was off by over a hundred feet on a wire run--a 1/16" is nuthin..)
            You're right, I am in denial!

Good point though. A diagonal measure of 8.whatever could look quite different depending on the L/W.

Like those 12" visor displays on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PAIR-BLACK-1...item33617e6a65

Comment

Working...
            X