Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for an 8.4" 16:9 Display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Looking for an 8.4" 16:9 Display

    Do these exist? With some rough measurements and calculation, 8.4" would fit into a double din whilst not having any borders etc. Any one else come to this conclusion?

  • #2
    Originally posted by niblettr View Post
    Do these exist? With some rough measurements and calculation, 8.4" would fit into a double din whilst not having any borders etc. Any one else come to this conclusion?
    Measured diagonally, a Double DIN opening is 8".

    Assuming you can find an LCD panel that has a paper thin metal frame, you would be about 7.6-7.8" at most. AFAIK, no such LCD size (VGA that is) exists.

    7" is about all you are going to fit in a D.D. opening.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tft_lcd_org View Post
      Measured diagonally, a Double DIN opening is 8".

      Assuming you can find an LCD panel that has a paper thin metal frame, you would be about 7.6-7.8" at most. AFAIK, no such LCD size (VGA that is) exists.

      7" is about all you are going to fit in a D.D. opening.
      the double din standard is 4" tall by 7" wide..
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"


      next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
        the double din standard is 4" tall by 7" wide..
        OK, sorry. The double din opening measures 8-1/16" diagonally.

        My fault, I missed the 16th of an inch while doing the math in my head.

        Won't happen again.

        Comment


        • #5
          i wasn't correcting you, just adding the specific L x W dimensions of the opening.. because there could be many panels that have a 8" diagonal measurement, but less that measure closer to the real size of a double din opening.


          and don't lie-- it will happen again, your just in denial (don't worry about it, just a couple of weeks ago, i was off by over a hundred feet on a wire run--a 1/16" is nuthin..)
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"


          next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
            i wasn't correcting you, just adding the specific L x W dimensions of the opening.. because there could be many panels that have a 8" diagonal measurement, but less that measure closer to the real size of a double din opening.


            and don't lie-- it will happen again, your just in denial (don't worry about it, just a couple of weeks ago, i was off by over a hundred feet on a wire run--a 1/16" is nuthin..)
            You're right, I am in denial!

            Good point though. A diagonal measure of 8.whatever could look quite different depending on the L/W.

            Like those 12" visor displays on ebay.

            http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PAIR-BLACK-1...item33617e6a65

            Comment

            Working...
            X