Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput EBY701 power issues: It's Magic!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput EBY701 power issues: It's Magic!!!

So I'm cruising down the road listening to some tunes and then my LCD just takes a crap. It's all good since the tunes are still playing.

Let me give you and Idea of how I hooked up my setup:

+

I come home and I immediately take out the LCD and test for power for the LCD. Has power. So I blame it on a bad LCD. Before I do that, I just wanted to make sure and I took the wall powersource:

I plug it in and the LCD instantly turns on. At this point I'm confused as heck. I'm asking why the heck would it work with the wall powersource and not the cigarette powersource even though both powersources has power.

Now that I know the LCD works, I switch back to the cigarette powersource and it's a no go. I'm assuming and hoping at the same time that the connector thingy is loose so I went ahead and cut off the connector and connected it directly to the LCD with bare wires... Still doesn't work.

Now I'm stumped... Can anyone with more brain cells and a lot more common sense than me help explain and tell me how to fix this problem? I do not want to use the wall powersource in the car to power the monitor b/c it's too dang bulky. Been using this setup for a month straight without any problems. Thanks

Just for sh#ts and giggles, see if there is a fuse in the top part of cigarette plug were the silver ring is. Unscrew the ring. Sometimes there could be a fuse hidden on top inside. Or a fuse inside the unit itself. Give it a shot........Good luck.

Comment

RAWPWR: Remember I don't have a fuse? I cut that piece off and connected it directly to the ignition wire. I checked for power and it does have 12V power. That's why i'm confused: the LCD does get the power but it will not turn on. It will turn on with the wall powersource though.

Comment

Try connecting the cord directly to the battery and to the LCD, it has to be the cord or the connection if the LCD worked fine on the house adapter.

Comment

it can't be that the pc is in some kind of power saver mode and turned the monitor off?

Comment

Thorsteenster: I cut the end off and connected it directly and it doesn't work. Mind you, I checked for power with the voltmeter and it has power... But hell I know it's not going to work but I'm going to try anyways and report back here once I do

tibimakai: pc disconnected. Ifeven if it was sleeping, once the ignition turns on, the monitor will turn on saying no signal and then turn off. It doesn't do that.

Comment

I can't help but thinking it's got to be something simple lol.

Comment

what kind of voltage reading were you getting from the car-power adapter?
                My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
                carpc undecided

Comment

12-13V max with the voltmeter

Comment

i am a little curious on this-- my 669 has some very similar issues(detailed here), and is connected in the exact same fashion.. the problem is that it is very cold around chicago, so i need to get really, really motivated to work on it...

you can try to connect the screen to your dc-dc's 12v output.. in theory, this should be better. i know some have had problems with the lilliput "egg"..

next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

Comment

What do you mean dc-dc 12v output? I'm assuming using the power from the PSU? I can certainly try that too. I'm just getting very frustrated over this issue. Worked for the whole month and now it's giving me problems grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by itwanabe View Post
                        What do you mean dc-dc 12v output? I'm assuming using the power from the PSU? I can certainly try that too. I'm just getting very frustrated over this issue. Worked for the whole month and now it's giving me problems grrrr.

yes, the psu output. i was being specific so that you don't accidentally tap into the 5v output..

next project? subaru brz
                        carpc undecided

Comment

Well it turned out the cigarette powersource was the problem. It just died. It regulates the 12v @ 1000mA. Well I don't have that anymore b/c it's connected to the powersource from the radio harness. I don't know how much mA or amps that source puts out but i'm quite happy knowing I don't need that old cigarette powersource. Brand new product folks (died in 1 month). Thanks all!!!

I cut the plug and soldered it and called it a done deal!

Comment

Is it safe to be exposing it to unregulated 12v power? I thought that it wasn't a good idea.
                            Project X10 Belazer
                            Progress: NEVER ENDING!!!
                            http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ime-puter.html

Comment

not really. that is the point of using the 'egg' when connecting to car power.. there is really 2 options-- either use the computers psu, or use a 12v voltage regulator.. of course, the computer psu option will be the best to prevent interference..

next project? subaru brz
                              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
                              X