For those with Mimo USB Monitors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with Mimo USB Monitors...

I see a lot of people saying it's possible to run these as a primary monitor, but for the life of me I can't get it to work.

Running Vista right now, and I set it as a primary monitor. It works, but if I turn it off and on again, it goes back to using the laptop LCD as the primary, and then the Miimo shuts off.

Any idea whats wrong? Anything Im missing?

Thanks!

I had the same problem and I tried everything I could possibly think of and still couldn't get it to work for more than a day. My solution? I removed the screen from the laptop. You can do this either my removing the whole hinged section or remove only the screen and disable the lid switch. That's the only way I could get it to work consistently and not reverting back to the laptop's display.
    Project X10 Belazer
    Progress: NEVER ENDING!!!
    http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ime-puter.html

Comment

Wow, so that really worked? I was going to do that anyway once it's ready to go into the car (just testing everything now).

Comment

Yea no matter what I did or tried...and believe me I tried alot...that's the only thing that worked and is still working
        Project X10 Belazer
        Progress: NEVER ENDING!!!
        http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ime-puter.html

Comment

awesome, thanks!

Comment

How do you like your Mimo monitor? Does it function good for you as a primary? Ive got one i bought and was wanting to use as my primary also. I have no laptop on mine though as im going to use a full microATX board.

Comment

Originally posted by dna59 View Post
              I had the same problem and I tried everything I could possibly think of and still couldn't get it to work for more than a day. My solution? I removed the screen from the laptop. You can do this either my removing the whole hinged section or remove only the screen and disable the lid switch. That's the only way I could get it to work consistently and not reverting back to the laptop's display.
              *lol* extreme situations calling for extreme measures, I see...

Comment

Working...
              X