Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need you advice on screens for my range rover

hi all

Have read almost ever post on this area of the forum over the last few weeks trying to work out what would be the best screen for my carpc i am working on for my range rover.

This is the a picture of what the standard factory fitted range rover touch screen looks like,

What i am wanting to do is remove the standard factory 7" touch screen from the grey bezel with the buttons on and replace it with a high spec pc touch screen for the carpc i am building - after reading the different posts on this forum i have come to the conclusion that a 7" Transflective Optically Bonded Sunlight Readable Lilliput 669GL-70NP/C/T Touch Screen Monitor from mo-co-so would be the best option. In the range rover the screen is mounted quite high on the dash so it can get lots of light on the screen because of the massive windows and there is very little cover from the dash. In a previous carpc i had in a different car the screen suffered from glare and not being able to see it at all during the day.

Does anyone have one of the these monitors that could tell me does the optically bonded option really make a real difference as i live in the UK and i would have to order the monitor from the USA because i cannot find anyone over here that sells monitors like this one and i don't want to pay over 500 for a monitor that is not really any better that the standard high brightness 669GL

Because i am building a carpc for my range rover i want it to look as factory as possible i dont mind paying a little more for a high spec screen - what i dont want to end up with is a screen that suffers from glare from the sun and makes the car look like it has been messed about with because the screen looks like a cheap chinese copy etc...

Any advice would be very grateful!

Matt

you must've skipped right over my thread:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/lcd-...-problems.html

i should also note that my TR screen is a 250nit panel-- all of the standard 669's shipping out are 400 nit, so your results should be even brighter (both literally, and figuratively )..

in fact, the screen is so clear, there are many days where it doesn't even appear to have a issue-- like in the one pic where the sunlight is directly on the display-- that would have rendered my old 629 useless..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

read through your post before, just did not realise that the screen was the optically bonded version but just the 250 not the 450nit - this has put my mind at rest a little.

Thanks
      Matt

Comment

no problem. i edited it so that it is listed now in that thread..
        My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
        "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

look on mo co so. They have some great pictures documenting the differences between films and optical bonding.

Comment

Working...
          X