Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are my options for my screen issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my options for my screen issues?

I decided to buy a second Zotac 9300-G-E for my setup, since the second one worked so well with the Multi-Zone PC. The problem I am having is that the DVI port is DVI-D, so I can not connect a monitor directly to it. I have to use a device like the HDFury to convert the digital signal to analog. Problem is, because so many modern day TVs have DVI-D natively, the HDFury has been discontinued. I have searched high and low for a digital to analog converter, but have found nothing, and when I do, its $180 and up.

Here are my options:

1) Change the main screen to a screen that is DVI-D native. What Car PC screens support DVI-D?

2) Buy one of the super expensive DVI-D to Analog adapters. I really want to avoid this. I don't want to buy a piece that is more expensive then the Mobo itself!

3) Simply buy a 5th USB to VGA adapter and simply do not use the DVI-D port. (I just thought of this one while writing this post!) That way all displays can be USB based. This would be done in the multi-zone setup, since I want the dual-zone setup to be as sharp looking as possible. This would also be the cheapest solution. I bought the other USB display adapters for $54.99. This would be way cheaper then buying a native DVI-D based screen and or buying the converter piece.

4) Or maybe a forum user knows a cheap way to converter the DVI-D to work with an analog screen?
    Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
    4X MK808b
    3x Perixx Touchpads
    3x 7 inch Screens
    1X 7 inch motorized Screen
    1x Win 7 PC

I'd get a DVI-HDMI adapter and connect it to any Lilliput screen that has HDMI input.
    1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

Originally posted by kegobeer View Post
      I'd get a DVI-HDMI adapter and connect it to any Lilliput screen that has HDMI input.
      It has an HDMI port. Only thing with me is that I am so anal about everything looking uniform. I do not want to stray away from the screens that I will have through out the car (short-circuit.com VM70). I have already fabricated the rear and was going to do the same to the front.

I went ahead and raced to TigerDirect and bought another USB>VGA adapter. I have all of them the same model, except the first I ever bought, which can handle HD quality playback. The other 4 handle SD quality, which is fine for a Car PC install.

I have to say this install is really all about trial and error. I hope in the end the multi-zone system is flawless because I have spent way more then I have wanted to. This system was supposed to be a quick, cheap throw together that has now exploded into a budget blowing mess.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
      4X MK808b
      3x Perixx Touchpads
      3x 7 inch Screens
      1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
        This system was supposed to be a quick, cheap throw together that has now exploded into a budget blowing mess.
        You certainly are not the first to make this statement!
        My new sig too

Comment

Yea, I think anyone that thinks this hobby can be cheap is a fool, lol.

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
          4X MK808b
          3x Perixx Touchpads
          3x 7 inch Screens
          1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Working...
          X