Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

touchscreen no longer working? Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T-DVI 7" VGA Touchscreen w DVI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touchscreen no longer working? Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T-DVI 7" VGA Touchscreen w DVI

Hi all,

Not quite sure what the problem is... but I have this:
    Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T-DVI 7" VGA Touchscreen with DVI input

It is brand new, and was fully functional using centrafuse.

I took it out of the Lilliput housing and put it into my bezel bolt in kit.

I then made the connections and turned it on. The touch screen no longer works.

When I connect the USB I do hear the USB connected sound.

I'm running Win 7 home premium on a mac mini (new) running Centrafuse as the FE

Like I mentioned, this was working, I'm really confused as to why this wont work anymore when all I did was move the screen from the housing to the bolt in kit.

I've even taken the screen back out to check to see if I tore any of the ribbon cables, but everything still looks good, secure, intact.

is it possible to short out something and cripple the touch screen functionality?

here's a pic....
    http:[email protected]/5632405133/

Thanks for reading and your ideas.

Last edited by MachinasDei; 04-18-2011, 11:00 PM. Reason: images are a pain

does it show up in your device manager, or in the touchkit taskbar icon?
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

hi soundman,
      it did show up in device manager and Touchkit.
      I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and touchkit.
      it even said that it all installed successfully.

i'm really puzzled as to why it still isn't working when all i did was move the screen into my bolt in kit...

Comment

Did you use care with static electricity/magnetic screw driver? When everything is clean and tight, that's the only gremlim I can think of.

Try to see if there isn't too much pressure from the bezel on the touchscreen. I would also try plugging it on a different computer. If it works, try another usb port on the original computer.

You sure there's no other monitor connected to the macmini? Or was before that wasn't touch? I mean, suppose you had an HDMI screen to set up install, then later you connected the vga screen with touch on the vga output, etc. The computer might map things into a non-existent computer.

Not likely, but I'm just throwing ideas out there.
        Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
        Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Hi Rippling, I did take care with static and grounded myself......

I also took the whole thing out of the bezel and tested it without the bezel (with concern about too much pressure) and it reacted the same, meaning the touchscreen wont work. I also tried another usb port.

there is no other monitor connected as well.

i'm really confused by this...has anyone encountered this? i didnt see any threads.....thanks

Comment

great, now all of a sudden the screen went bright.......no reason at all...

looks washed out....

i disconnected everything and will try again tomorrow.

Comment

i found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noVnv...2FB911389B3513

its a guy repairing a touchscreen via flame?

i'm not sure i understand how this works..but i'm going to try it.

Comment

ok i tried the flame fix.....it didnt do anything.

i've reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled the drivers for touchkit over and over.
                and the touch screen still doesn't respond to touch??? WTF?

i'm really at a loss here, what else can i do?

Comment

probably replace the touch layer+controller...

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                    probably replace the touch layer+controller...
                    sure, i'll try it, but i dont know what that is...can you explain?

Comment

it would mean removing the old touch screen, and installing a kit like this:
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/7-inch-Touch-Scr...item5adfa3d5a9

next project? subaru brz
                      carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
                        it would mean removing the old touch screen, and installing a kit like this:
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/7-inch-Touch-Scr...item5adfa3d5a9
                        ok i'm about to make a decision here, I am very close to purchasing another whole new Lilliput 629GL-70NP/C/T-DVI 7" VGA Touchscreen w DVI
                        I REALLY don't want to do this, because of cost and risking another problem just like i'm having.

now the touch screen pannel kit that you recommend, i need to understand a few things......(because i dont know)
                        so is this thing transparent enough to overlay on top of my existing screen?

or do i have to remove something first? i took my screen apart again and tried to see if there is anything else to take off in preparation for this but i dont really see what to remove.......i guess there might be a layer that the 4 wire cable attaches to on top of the glass......and this is where the new membrane goes?

i'm really thinking about purchasing this as u recommended.. or buying a new screen...

Comment

that is just a example-- i doubt that overlay would directly fit on the 629.(it is designed for eeepc's, a type of netbook)

but yes, you would need to remove the old touch screen to install on the screen correctly.

next project? subaru brz
                          carpc undecided

Comment

I know you said you checked it, so it is probably fine. But I know one time reassembling my Xenarc into my custom bezel, I forgot to attach the 4wire ribbon to the controller board. Maybe make sure it isn't flipped upside down as well. Sometimes it's the simple things that get in the way! I got really nervous when it happened to mine, fearing I had shorted it or otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by TFCommanderBob View Post
                              I know you said you checked it, so it is probably fine. But I know one time reassembling my Xenarc into my custom bezel, I forgot to attach the 4wire ribbon to the controller board. Maybe make sure it isn't flipped upside down as well. Sometimes it's the simple things that get in the way! I got really nervous when it happened to mine, fearing I had shorted it or otherwise...
                              thanks for the thought, but i did check the ribbon....
                              ok i gave in and bought another monitor...gonna try that again.

Comment

Working...
                              X