Touch Monitor/Head unit for car computer question... ATTN: Turbocad6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Monitor/Head unit for car computer question... ATTN: Turbocad6

Once I get rid of my current car I have now 04 MB ML350 I plan to buy a Honda Odyssey which I plan to install a car computer on. I already have built a HTPC with over 500 movies which I want to transform into a car-puter. I'm in the planning stages right now. My computer right now is a Windows 7 pc which I want to be used as a Windows 7 touch pc in the car. The head unit I was thinking of using was a Kenwood DNX9980HD until I found out that the video input couldn't be used as a touch screen. Now I'm back at square one. I would like a double din unit that does gps, bluetooth, dvd, etc and has a video input that can be used as touch input also. Is such a unit available?

ha, don't know if I'm the best one to answer this really, but I don't think what your looking for exists yet.
    MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Wow. Didn't think I'd actually get a response from the boss himself. lol

The Kenwood unit is nice but It doesn't serve the main purpose I wanted it for, which was to serve as a touch screen monitor for the car-puter. Since you have infinite knowledge on the subject what would you suggest for me? I can do without a head unit however, I need some alternatives. I want gps, bluetooth, am/fm radio, and possibly hd radio. If i could get the car computer to do all of that then I don't need the kenwood or any other outrageously priced unit at all. What say you turbo?

btw, I see you are also in brooklyn as per your infinity fx thread. Do you have a shop?

Comment

what you are wanting can of course be done with a carpc, but there are literally hundreds of different ways to accomplish what you want, I couldn't possibly recommend what you should or could do, you really need to research it to death & become familiar with many of the different ways & the benefits & draw backs of each & then decides what fits your goals & what fits within the skills & materials you have available to you.

I own a body shop in bay ridge
        MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Working...
        X