Lilliput Headache

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Headache

I'm working with a client who is using a 10" liliput(sent from lilliput) and a double din 7" lilliput. It uses a 2/1 cable for the touchscreen and video.
    he's using the 2/1 HDMI to DVi/USB cabling and we attempted to just buy a female HDMI to female HDMI adapter and about 15ft of HDMI cabling so that the monitor could be inside the dash, and the whole PC inside the back of his vehicle. there is no touch screen functionality after this. i suspected that it was the cabling - specifically the extension.

Is there anything special about the Lilliput 2/1 cable that is included?
    i've messed with this cabling on one other ocassion, but all my other installs have used the traditional lilliput signal conector with a seperate video and usb hookup.
    they call me hack
    Independence Auto Tech
    http://ctxdesigns.com - web design :)
    "Let us search out and examine out ways, and turn back to the Lord; Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven." - lamentations 3:40-41

i believe you need to install the 2/1 cable onto the screen-- the '1' side connecting to the screen, and the '2' side to connect to the pc, and then extend both the video and usb cables to where they are needed.

the only way around that would be to hack up the orginal hdmi cable to move the usb cable down to the end of the extension-- assuming the extension has enough wires in it to support this..
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
      i believe you need to install the 2/1 cable onto the screen-- the '1' side connecting to the screen, and the '2' side to connect to the pc, and then extend both the video and usb cables to where they are needed.

the only way around that would be to hack up the orginal hdmi cable to move the usb cable down to the end of the extension-- assuming the extension has enough wires in it to support this..
      Actually, the way the OP describes the setup, I bet he needs to use a USB signal booster. If he has the stock DVI/USB Lilliput cable going to the F/F HDMI adapter, going to a 15ft. HDMI cable, then attached to the monitor, that is close to 21ft. total length.

IIRC, 16ft. is about it for the USB data pair before it loses signal strength.

The factory Lilli DVI 2 to 1 cable can only go 1 way, since the monitor side is HDMI and the PC side is DVI + USB.

One key thing to remember is only the data pair and ground pass through the Lilliput USB cable. Power for the touch screen controller is provided by the Lilliput LCD controller. If you use a signal booster, make sure you take this into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by tft_lcd_org View Post
        Actually, the way the OP describes the setup, I bet he needs to use a USB signal booster. If he has the stock DVI/USB Lilliput cable going to the F/F HDMI adapter, going to a 15ft. HDMI cable, then attached to the monitor, that is close to 21ft. total length.

IIRC, 16ft. is about it for the USB data pair before it loses signal strength.

The factory Lilli DVI 2 to 1 cable can only go 1 way, since the monitor side is HDMI and the PC side is DVI + USB.

One key thing to remember is only the data pair and ground pass through the Lilliput USB cable. Power for the touch screen controller is provided by the Lilliput LCD controller. If you use a signal booster, make sure you take this into consideration.
        thanks for the info guys.
        it's actually currently setup a little backwards
        the overall length for the wires is right at 17' i believe, starting with a normal HDMI cable going from the lilliput to the female-female adapter, and then the 2/1 hooked into the adapter and into the mobo's USB and DVI ports.

i'm assuming the normal HDMI doesn't have the extra wiring for USB running through it and that's where the issue is coming from.
        i found an online place that sells 16' HDMI to HDMI + USB(haven't found DVI yet) but they aren't specifically made for the Lilliputs, so i'm not even sure if they would work. anyone know?
        Last edited by sk8rjess; 06-03-2011, 03:42 AM.
        they call me hack
        Independence Auto Tech
        http://ctxdesigns.com - web design :)
        "Let us search out and examine out ways, and turn back to the Lord; Let us lift our hearts and hands to God in heaven." - lamentations 3:40-41

Comment

Hi
          I'm the client.
          The cable length is actually only 14 ft total.
          9ft of hdmi to hdmi and a female to female extension. Since the 7in works with just the 5 ft cable, we were trying to figure out if the problem is in the female to female coupler. Hopefully liilliput will have some type of solution for this. The 10 in didnt work, even with the 5 ft cable, that may be a return

Comment

Originally posted by wikid View Post
            Hi
            I'm the client.
            The cable length is actually only 14 ft total.
            9ft of hdmi to hdmi and a female to female extension. Since the 7in works with just the 5 ft cable, we were trying to figure out if the problem is in the female to female coupler. Hopefully liilliput will have some type of solution for this. The 10 in didnt work, even with the 5 ft cable, that may be a return
            Ok, what I would do is buy the 16ft. HDMI+USB/HDMI Lilliput cable, then use a DVI to HDMI adapter at the PC end of the Lilliput cable. Since the USB is broken out before the adapter, this should work just fine.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
              I have a message into the store to see if they have the adapter and find out if they have seen this issue before
              It seems to make sense . I have bought cables 2 times now and I want to try and not have to go for 4 times
              thanks
              Don

Comment

Working...
              X