monitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitors

has anybody ever put touch screens in sun visors,if so how would i control drivers side over passenger side vw mk3 golf

can't say i have seen any one do it.. most touch screen software will allow you to detect and setup multiple touch screen panels and lcd displays.
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

Yep, it should work fine; not sure what you mean b "control driver's side over passenger side", you control only the display you actually touch, unless they are mirrored - then either could control both screen contents, so the passenger could take control too.
      Worklogs: 08 Sequoia Platinum Carputer (In Progress!)
      Skin: MetroSex on the Beach preview

07 Infiniti Fx35 (done!) & 06 Infiniti M35 (gone...)

Comment

Originally posted by RipplingHurst View Post
        Yep, it should work fine; not sure what you mean b "control driver's side over passenger side", you control only the display you actually touch, unless they are mirrored - then either could control both screen contents, so the passenger could take control too.

I think you mean cloned.

Mirrored would be interesting.

Comment

could both monitors be on the internet at the same time

Comment

your getting into the stuff beyond the monitor.

remember-- a monitor is only a screen. it displays a picture. that picture is sent to it from other hardware. the other hardware determines what goes on the screen. if that other hardware was a carpc with 2 video outputs, then yes. you would need to set the screens up as a extended desktop, and then you could run 2 different browser windows on each screen. though if you use only one browser(IE, firefox, etc) then you would need to manually drag the second window over to the 2nd screen because most os's only keep track of where the window was last closed, not how many windows were opened, and where they were last placed.

next project? subaru brz
            carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by soundman98 View Post
              your getting into the stuff beyond the monitor.

remember-- a monitor is only a screen. it displays a picture. that picture is sent to it from other hardware. the other hardware determines what goes on the screen. if that other hardware was a carpc with 2 video outputs, then yes. you would need to set the screens up as a extended desktop, and then you could run 2 different browser windows on each screen. though if you use only one browser(IE, firefox, etc) then you would need to manually drag the second window over to the 2nd screen because most os's only keep track of where the window was last closed, not how many windows were opened, and where they were last placed.
              mobo has two hdmi outputs

Comment

mobo has two hdmi out puts,want the touchscreens in the visors with alpine cda-117 as head unit im new to this please bear wit me tryna learn while also tryna do something different

Comment

what mother board are you using?

next project? subaru brz
                  carpc undecided

Comment

i brought 2 they are
                    1.gigbyte ga-h67n-usb3-b3
                    2.zotac z68-itx
                    if know a better mobo that i can use please help me tryna get me a good reliable setup, also have core i5 already thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X