dscutoms LCD screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dscutoms LCD screen

Has anyone purchased an LCD from Dave (dscustoms.com)? If so, what was your experience?

I'm very interested in buying one but the site doesn't show much credibility as a business... no name, no phone number, no address, no real contact info except email addresses. I have been trying to contact Dave for the past 48 hours, but still haven't heard back from him.

He is a member of this forum, many people have purchased screens from him, I think most had pleasing results
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Perhaps he's away?

I ordered one a couple of weeks back after a few mails with dave, and also after checking out his feedback on ebay.

I ordered on the Tuesday and the units were with me on the Friday. "So what" you think? I'm in the UK

Very pleased - perhaps he's away as he always answered mails very promptly.
      Cheers,
      Nick.

Comment

Thanks for feedbckc guys. I'm just being abit paranoid because I got jipped 3 times ordering stuff from ebay, also i'm abit eager to get a screen for myself .

Comment

Originally posted by hotice007
          Thanks for feedbckc guys. I'm just being abit paranoid because I got jipped 3 times ordering stuff from ebay, also i'm abit eager to get a screen for myself .
          always try to pay with a credit card. If you get jipped, file a complaint, and then you don't have to pay
          [H]4 Life
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
            always try to pay with a credit card. If you get jipped, file a complaint, and then you don't have to pay
            I believe Dave only accepts Paypal though

Comment

Use a credit card on Paypal

I would be unsure of how chargebacks work against paypal, but as a buyer you do have Visa/Mastercard's protection. I believe PayPal's T&Cs try to stop you from doing this, but whether they can legally enforce that or not is another question.

Just a thought - if there's any new auctions from Dave on ebay then use "ask seller a question" to contact him? If there's no new auctions, perhaps he's not around (vacation/illness/something else)

Comment

Yeah just use PayPal. I bought mine from him and he shipped it same-day. He's a really nice guy and everything went really well. Great packing job, excellent instructions -- I covered this all in my thread (about a week ago in this forum).

Comment

Hmm seems like dscustoms's site is gone, his emails are gone, and his ebay's auctions are all gone as well. What gives? :/

Comment

Originally posted by hotice007
                    Hmm seems like dscustoms's site is gone, his emails are gone, and his ebay's auctions are all gone as well. What gives? :/
                    What are you talking about, I'm looking at it ?

http://www.dscustoms.com/
                    [H]4 Life
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

It was down earlier today. Guess its back up now. Still haven't heard from Dave

Comment

If you go to the products page, and click on the DS700YYV link, at the bottom it says " Sold out!!!! Back in a Week"

So thats probably why there is no more ebay auctions, and could explain for the temporary leave of absense.
                        Progress here: http://www.siriuscybernetics.net

Comment

I received my screen from Dave a few days ago; just under 2 weeks shipping time to Canada; this seems to be about average from my experiences, but the shipping charges were exceptionally cheap!

I haven't installed the screen yet, but I have it running as my 2nd monitor on a dual monitor system for testing - it's amazing!

Great communication from Dave, btw! If I need another screen, I'd buy again - you shouldn't have anything to worry about!

Comment

So much happens when you have a busy week... Yep, I sold out of the 700YYV, I ordered another batch on friday, they will be here next week. I'm sorry if I've missed emails from anyone, my computer systems had some problems, I've had to upgrade everything. Don't worry though, things are coming along well. I'm usually able to get all my emails wireless when I'm travelling, but I had to return my card again... it didn't work with net stumbler. The website is still in the works, and I'm trying to get some larger variety of products to offer. I'll also have full online merchant processing soon.
                            Thanks everyone!!
                            Oh yeah, I've been doing crazy custom fiberglass stuff to my demo truck, that takes up a lot of my time too.

Dave
                            Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

Originally posted by dscustoms
                              Oh yeah, I've been doing crazy custom fiberglass stuff to my demo truck, that takes up a lot of my time too.

Dave
                              Pics ??
                              [H]4 Life
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X