Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput touchscreen hdmi, confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lilliput touchscreen hdmi, confused

    The lilliput 669 hdmi has a usb at ONE end. I don't understand this, what is that for and which end does it plug into. I need to buy parts and haven't connected it yet, the shop is doing it today so I don't have the setup in front of me, but I keep processing it through my mind and it doesn't make sense to me.

    I assume I have to connect the main harness with the vga connector since that connects to the sks cable which I assume that I have to use regardless if I'm using the hdmi or not. So if the main harness has the usb connector, what is this for? Why does it only have a usb on one end? What about the other end? How is that suppose to work?

    Or am I just overthinking this and I just connect the HDMI/USB connector end to the computer and the HDMI only end to the monitor and get rid of the sks connector?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Champak; 01-02-2012, 10:14 AM.

  • #2
    The USB is for the touch-screen portion of the monitor. SNO

    Comment


    • #3
      I get that part, but trying to make sure about the other end, where is the other end of the usb?

      Comment


      • #4
        the single hdmi end with the usb branching off it goes to the monitor. the other end with only hdmi goes to computer as well as the usb to computer. the usb gets to the monitor via the hdmi plug thats why the 2 cables to one plug at monitor. Hope thats clearer as its hard to explain via text SNO

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm sorry, that doesnt clear it up at all...at least to me. The way you worded that indicates both ends have usb, when in fact only one end does.

          Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
          the single hdmi end with the usb branching off it goes to the monitor.
          That indicates to use the usb on the monitor end, but there is no usb conector on the monitor. Just the hdmi/sks/power. Does that mean plug in the sks jack, and plug the usb into that?
          Originally posted by SNOtwistR View Post
          the other end with only hdmi goes to computer as well as the usb to computer.
          That also indicates to use the usb on the computer end. But if i do, how is the touch communicating with the monitor?
          Thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Champak,

            What SNO said was that the end WITHOUT the visible usb connection connects to the monitor -- this end has the usb line embedded inside it. The other end connects to your HDMI port and a USB port (for touchscreen).

            So yes, there are USB connections at both end -- just one side is embedded into the wire.

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe this will clear it up excuse the stick drawing SNO

              http://twintower.homeip.net/cable.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                This should clear things up:

                Click image for larger version

Name:	lilliput.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	2281547

                SNO - your drawing is a masterpiece, mine is a stick drawing! lol
                1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

                Comment


                • #9
                  OK thanks for your help. I actually asked a few people today if this was possible so I wouldn't waste everyone's time, and everyone was adament and said "you can't do that with HDMI." Funny when everyone has the definitive answer it's always wrong lol. Hopefully everything will be up and running later.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    that just makes it more fun to tell them that they're wrong
                    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"


                    next project? subaru brz
                    carpc undecided

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have a HUGE problem, and I hope this isn't going to kill my project because there is no other solution. I need a right angle joint for the HDMI, no problem I found that, but I also need to extend the HDMI wire...problem. I don't know if it's the coupler I bought or the HDMI wires I'm using, but the touch function is not transmitting. I've tried two different HDMI wires and both are not transmitting the touch function, which leads me to believe it's the coupler I'm using, but I just don't know. Is there any specifications I need with HDMI components to fully transmit all the info.
                      This is the coupler I'm using: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...To_Female.html
                      This is the cable I'm using to extend: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Velocity.html
                      Also tried a generic cable.
                      Please tell me someone has extended their HDMI/USB cable and the specific cable and coupler you used.

                      One more thing, there is a connection on the back of the screen, I don't know what that type of connection it is sorry, a two prong connection the closest thing I can refer to it as is like a fan power connector. What is that, is it of any use? Also, any idea where I can buy that kind of connector, I've been looking for it for something else, but can't find it at any of the general computer stores and dont know the name.
                      Last edited by Champak; 01-03-2012, 08:27 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Champak View Post
                        I have a HUGE problem, and I hope this isn't going to kill my project because there is no other solution. I need a right angle joint for the HDMI, no problem I found that, but I also need to extend the HDMI wire...problem. I don't know if it's the coupler I bought or the HDMI wires I'm using, but the touch function is not transmitting. I've tried two different HDMI wires and both are not transmitting the touch function, which leads me to believe it's the coupler I'm using, but I just don't know. Is there any specifications I need with HDMI components to fully transmit all the info.
                        This is the coupler I'm using: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...To_Female.html
                        This is the cable I'm using to extend: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Velocity.html
                        Also tried a generic cable.
                        Please tell me someone has extended their HDMI/USB cable and the specific cable and coupler you used.

                        One more thing, there is a connection on the back of the screen, I don't know what that type of connection it is sorry, a two prong connection the closest thing I can refer to it as is like a fan power connector. What is that, is it of any use? Also, any idea where I can buy that kind of connector, I've been looking for it for something else, but can't find it at any of the general computer stores and dont know the name.



                        You need the Liliput HDMI cable. They make several lengths. The thing to realize about the 669 cables is that they are custom, specific to the monitor (may work on other monitors with combined HDMI/USB but that's not a guarantee). Standard HDMI does not have the ability to transmit the USB data as well. Since they made it a single connection on the back of the 669, it will require a either a longer Liliput 669 cable OR you have to extend both the HDMI and USB cables on the PC side, you can't extend the monitor side.
                        I'm not sure on the other question though. I'll check my 669 when I get home to see what that connector is.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          You can save a lot of money if you just buy an HDMI cable and a USB extension cable from monoprice, connect them to the PC, and put the Lilliput HDMI/USB cable on the end and connect it to the monitor. That's what I did.

                          What "two prong" connector are you talking about? I have a 669 5 wire (and a 4 wire, installed in-dash) and I see no fan header-type connector.
                          Last edited by kegobeer; 01-03-2012, 07:06 PM.
                          1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Yeah, I spoke to someone from MCS earlier and he informed me that the extension has to happen on the computer's end, I just need the right angle adapter from them and I'll be good...already ordered.
                            The connector I'm speaking about is in the pic.
                            Why can't I get any audio out this thing? I have the volume turned up, I have the audio in the computer set to HDMI, I even see the level indicator outputting audio on the HDMI, but no audio out the monitor....I don't even see any speaker on it.
                            Attached Files

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              that is the speaker jack on the screen(for the speaker mounted on the rear of the original bezel). plug a speaker into there to get your audio.
                              My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
                              "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"


                              next project? subaru brz
                              carpc undecided

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X