No announcement yet.

tm701 voltage question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm701 voltage question

everywhere i've seen the 701 for sale they make a big deal not to go over 12v when powering the screen. I'm curious how forgiving this screen actually is to voltage since it is designed for auto use? I have no problems building a regulator for it to make sure i never go over 12v but i'm lazy and if i dont have to i probably wont. so to those out there who have this screen what is your opinion

I run my tm701 off of the battery and it runs fine.

I also run it without regulator.
      Web sites selling the TM701 are contradictory. On the spec list they state 10-16V and at the end of the page they state 12V.
      Ermanno vbi

TM701L with TouchScreen, Epia M10k, 80Gb 3,5" Hdd, DC-DC PS.
      System up and running with GPS and Bluetooth...
      Writing software for a Parallel port relay controller.

itll be fine. Ive noticed on certain parts of my car I get 13.46 volts... I dont worry.
        Mine needs to be updated.

I run mine directly from the ACC line, and it has been ok. I will build a regulator for it (when I have time) just to be safe.

Power Consumption: <6W => 500mA....

Fuse 5A is quite an overkilll...

I run the screen from my Atx PSU => 12V regulated.
            I didn't put a fuse... (Did you put a fuse on your HD,DVD,keyboard...)
            Epia M9000, lili 7" vga&touch & 2xTM-7002S compo, camera with reversed image, 2.5" 60 GB, 256Mb DDR, Opus 90W, GPS usb... AND MEDIACRUISER of course!