New Xenarc monitor cable too thick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Xenarc monitor cable too thick?

I recently purchased a Xenarc 700TSH monitor and I find that the cable is about 0.5" thick and very inflexible. Has anyone had any luck reverse engineering these cables?

I will only be using the HDMI, USB, and a Video In. I imagine if the VGA, headphone plug, and the other two RCA connectors's cables were not included in the main cable anymore it would be MUCH thinner, and more flexible.

I could build it myself if I could find the connector, it's not the 20-pin of the older styles. It's now a 26 pin.

Originally posted by jhornbr225 View Post
    I recently purchased a Xenarc 700TSH monitor and I find that the cable is about 0.5" thick and very inflexible. Has anyone had any luck reverse engineering these cables?

I will only be using the HDMI, USB, and a Video In. I imagine if the VGA, headphone plug, and the other two RCA connectors's cables were not included in the main cable anymore it would be MUCH thinner, and more flexible.

I could build it myself if I could find the connector, it's not the 20-pin of the older styles. It's now a 26 pin.
    cut the length of the cable. you'll probably see a bundle of wires. then remove the ones you don't want.
    don't let my reg. date fool you; 'lurker since '03.

Comment

Working...
    X