1.5 DIN touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.5 DIN touchscreen

I'm the new owner of a 2004 Corvette Z06. I would like to replace the factory stereo system with a touchscreen computer of some sort, and if I lost some weight from the super heavy factory deck that would be a plus as well. I plan on either using a small laptop connected to a touch screen, or just an Android tablet mounted in place of the existing head unit. I plan to mainly use the system for playing music, and for bluetooth phone connectivity for hands free communication, Waze, and maybe a webcam as a dash cam.

Anyway, the factory head unit is 1.5 DIN. I know that the bezel could be modified to a 2 DIN if have to, but I'd prefer not to because that's just added cost. I was just wondering if there is a PC touch screen or a tablet available that would fit in the 1.5 DIN space to minimize the modification of the bezel.

Here's a pic of the factory setup:

I'm now in a C5 searching for options other than buying a new 2DIN dash and still having to modify it to fit an android head unit. I'm considering doing something I did in the past with my Firehawk and using a tablet via HDMI to a 2nd screen in the dash.

http://www.mp3car.com/forum/mp3car-t...screen-install
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk #102
    Processor: AMD 64 X2 BE-2350 (Dual Core)
    Motherboard: ABit NF-M2S (Micro-ATX)
    Memory: 2GIG Crucial DDR2 667
    Hard Drive: WD 160GIG
    Monitor: 7" Lilliput 629GL
    Front End: CentraFuse With Navigation

Comment

Working...
    X