Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont know if anyone can help me with this but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know if anyone can help me with this but...

i have an SiS 315 256-bit Agp Video card/TV out and after I install it, I get the LCD to work coming off from the rca port in the back but after I shut it down and turn it back on i get a blank screen on the LCD. If anyone is familiar with these, you can chose different display modes. Well one of them was Single monitor LCD. So I tried that. And so of course the VGA doesn't work anymore since it's for the LCd and the LCD doesnt work. So all I can really do is reinstall it but it's like reinstalling it in the dark since i cant see what I;'m doing. Can anyone help me solve any of my two problems? Thanks

Oh yes, I'm running Windows XP if that helps

Comment

Why not just take out the video card, boot up, then wait a few minutes, shut off the computer, put it back in? Should reset the settings, so you should be able to see it, right?
      1999 Plymouth Voyager (That's right, big-pimpin' in a minivan.)
      PC built into console
      worklog with pics: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46359

Some of my music: http://www.myspace.com/markquestion

Comment

The problem with TV out on many cards is that they are setup to mainly run as an auxillary or as a "mode" once you have your VGA up and running. Many ATI cards and some Nvidia's will autodetect an RCA/Svideo connection and set the primary display to TV out from boot up. But I am not to familiar with SIS.
        I would look and see if the latest PowerStrip utility lets you set the display to video out on startup with the video card. Also if you could build a script or ghosting function that could set the display to output to TV out once in windows you would be set. If you find a cheaper ATI with TV out they sure have great output and features for TV out, wish I had one

Comment

i had a similar problem. I fixed it by plugging my old CRT in and changing the 100hz down to 70hz, where my lcd can function properly, and plugged my lcd back in
          Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
          Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

I cant really tell if your card is having problems retaining settings, or just finctioning at all but -

I have had a problem with certian res. setings on my ATI all in wonder.

For me, It has to do with the scan rate - TV's and VGA displays run at different rates, my old monitor dosnt like the lower scan rate required by the tv, so when I enable TV out @ 800x600 the monitor shuts off. everything runs fine @ 640x480, but win xp wont run that low - So I bought a vga LCD instead.
            Gizmo-
            Techonlogy on Wheels
            http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

Working...
            X