Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dscustoms lcd touchscreen

alrite guyz..
    im buying one of them dscustom screens....but not sure what the brightness is like on them the dscustoms site says 200 but the spec of the actual screen on another site says 400.....

im planning on mounting it flush on my dashboard and i HOPE that it will be visible...

cheers
    Snow
    OTDL Crew

better get mine ordered up then, dont want you beating me to it
    =======================================
    EPIA M10000, Kingston 256MB, 40G 2.5" HDD, 40G 3.5" HDD, LG slim CD/DVD,
    Customised Cubid 2699R, Xenarc 7" moulded in dash, Opus 90w, bu-303

Comment

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the 700yyv screen at dscustoms? It is the same manufacturer Xenarc uses--they just rebrand.

Comment

If it is, saying the name *enarc seems to bring up many legal issues - I would use a code word
        Gizmo-
        Techonlogy on Wheels
        http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

Originally posted by dieter
          Does anyone know the manufacturer of the 700yyv screen at dscustoms? It is the same manufacturer Xenarc uses--they just rebrand.

http://www.gain.com.tw/
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

Oh, you guys can say the name X*$%^C, I can't Gain makes the screens that both our companies sell. The brightness spec on these is around 220 nits, I don't care about the improved brightness of a competitiors newest model, the manufacturer assures me that they are identical, except for the color of the housings and buttons. And a few hundred dollars.
            Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

Hmmm... That's funny. In an email to the X-guys asking who makes their lcd's, which I know is Gain, they say

"Thank you for your interest in our products. We are the manufacturer of the monitors...<snip>"

Oh, really. Then explain this , X-people.

Comment

Originally posted by dieter
                Hmmm... That's funny. In an email to the X-guys asking who makes their lcd's, which I know is Gain, they say

"Thank you for your interest in our products. We are the manufacturer of the monitors...<snip>"

Oh, really. Then explain this , X-people.

Well, they are lying. But in their defense, everyone lies.... Do you really think half of your stereo equipment or home theater equipment is made by the company who's name is on the front of it? Yes, even your high-end Alpine equipment...

Comment

Oh my, that media technologies company is a total hoax, I hope nobody buys from them... I wonder if the big X knows about it yet, they even have the X logo and all their pictures stolen right from the Xen website...

Comment

Originally posted by dscustoms
                    Oh my, that media technologies company is a total hoax, I hope nobody buys from them... I wonder if the big X knows about it yet, they even have the X logo and all their pictures stolen right from the Xen website...
                    What about This
                    and
                    This

The first one looks familiar and very old and slow, and over priced. X-People standard gear then. The second one looks to have out X'd the X-People.

They are really going to pull in a loyal customer base aren't they.
                    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

I sent them an anonymous inquiry about a few of "their" products, let's see what they say.

Comment

Don't count on it. Their form mail script crashed when I tried sending them some mail. I think they just mirrored the site but didn't get all the scripts.

Comment

Is it possible to flush mount one of those LCD's? It looks like it can only be mounted on the stand.

99 Ford Ranger - Bagged and laying frame

Current Carputer project:
                          Done:
                          Custom mounted 7" LCD w/ TSK in radio bezel
                          Custom center console for relocated headunit
                          Via Epia M10000
                          GPS
                          MP3
                          OPUS PSU
                          DVD

Comment

that just depends on how creative you get. Fiberglas and time are your friends.

Comment

Would the digitalwww touchscreen kit work with a dscustoms DS700HRS? If I use a tv out video card, I think that might be a good combination.

99 Ford Ranger - Bagged and laying frame

Current Carputer project:
                              Done:
                              Custom mounted 7" LCD w/ TSK in radio bezel
                              Custom center console for relocated headunit
                              Via Epia M10000
                              GPS
                              MP3
                              OPUS PSU
                              DVD

Comment

Working...