best vga to rca conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best vga to rca conversion

i am hooking my laptop up to an indash lcd screan and would like to know what conversion to use thanks.
    screan is a tft lcd monitor

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/s...sp?T1=131+0615

i got mine last week, havent tried it though. its cheap, worth a shot. i will post reviews later.

Comment

I would love to know how you get on with that!! Mine has been playing up a lot recently and cost me 70 to buy! so if this works and is good then heeeellllll yeah im gonna get one!

will be awaiting your review,

Cheers bud
      Audio:Pioneer KEH P6900R, CD multi Changer, CD-RB20 Aux input adapter.
      System:AMD550, 192 Ram, 13Gb HDD, Via Micro ATX, o/b Sound, 32Mb G/c, T/screen In-Dash 7" LCD VGA, IrMan, 120w inverter.
      O/s:Windows 98lite
      Software:MediaEngine 1.7.7

Comment

That looks like one of the VGA->TV matrox cables that basically activates the onboard TVout on the card for that Head.
        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
          That looks like one of the VGA->TV matrox cables that basically activates the onboard TVout on the card for that Head.
          Agreed, that doesn't look like a converter. Just an adapter for specific video cards.
          You could use one of the Viewsonic adapters.
          My notes on it are in this thread.

Comment

Most newer laptops now have either an S-Video output (mostly) or a composite output (sometimes). With S-Video, you can get a simple adapter to make it composite, which is probably what you will need for your indash screen.
            KG6OQD
            www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

i tried that but the screan was black and white only

Comment

Originally posted by mike86ttype
                Did you make sure that the output was Pal, or NTSC on the Laptop TVOUT settings, to match what your TV does?
                4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

yeah i tried all the setting i had but no luck

Comment

focus, did you try that adapter yet? S-Vid to Composite adapters only show in black and white, but I haven't tried VGA to composite yet.

Who knows, it might work.
                    Don't Click

Comment

By trying "that" I am assuming you tried a S-Video to composite adapter?

And what type of video card do you have in your laptop?
                      KG6OQD

Comment

By trying "that" I am assuming you tried a S-Video to composite adapter?
                        KG6OQD

Comment

AVGeek, SVideo != Composite. Without a converter, SVideo inserted directly into a composite input will show up black and white.
                          Don't Click

Comment

Not if you wire it right.

I work with composit, Y/C , RGB RGBS and RGB Hs Vs Alll day long.

I have adapters that work color on one unit , and b/w on another, it all depends on the wiring of the component.

In any case, you CAN get a color signal from S-video to composit. It just might take some tweaking.

Your best bet is to short 3 & 4 tegether and connect to the center pole of the rca or tip. then short 1&2 and connect to ground.

sometimes, I short 1 & 4, and then go 3 to tip and 2 to ground.

Its low voltage, so playing around wont hurt. check here for full specs http://www.vjcentral.com/faq/show/1049
                            Gizmo-
                            Techonlogy on Wheels
                            http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

gizmomkr, if I could kiss you, I would. I have a presentation coming up soon and I was going to use a TV that only had composite/coax in and I could only get it to show B&W. The RCA to SVideo adapter I was using didn't have pin 3 connected to anything.

Glad you're on this board.
                              Don't Click

Comment

Working...
                              X